Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

AMX Templates on the Way

Hi,

New to this forum so I justy wanted to introduce my company and let you know a little bit about C3 CustomCodeCrafters.

We are a programming and interface design company with offices in the UK and Canada providing services to the Custom Installation industry. We have been providing graphics templates for some time now for ********, CommandFusion, RTI and Pronto and are now in the final stages of testing a number of templates for AMX touchpanels which we hope to bring to you in the next few weeks.

In the mean time, if you wish to check out the quality of our work there are a number of free files - buttons, icons etc available for download from our store. http://www.customcodecrafters.com

I'll let you know more once our AMX templates hit the store.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your many replies that will only contain "we do this, and we can do that - check us out at our website."

You have no idea how excited I am that there will be another user who will use this board as a source of advertisement.

BTW - have you tried posting here? http://sfbay.craigslist.org/amxforums
  • Options
    Hmmm...pretty cynical JJames, but understandable.

Yes we're obviously a business and wish to promote our products, but I believe this is a valuable service that the readers of this forum would be interested in. There's not a huge number of companies out there providing good graphics for AMX.

I don't intend to spam this forum with multiple adverts for our products, and will help anyone out wherever I can with any graphics/TPDesign4 related issues that I can.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Hmmm...pretty cynical JJames, but understandable.

Yes we're obviously a business and wish to promote our products, but I believe this is a valuable service that the readers of this forum would be interested in. There's not a huge number of companies out there providing good graphics for AMX.

I don't intend to spam this forum with multiple adverts for our products, and will help anyone out wherever I can with any graphics/TPDesign4 related issues that I can.
    So like members of this forum who share code modules and snippets, you'll be offerring free panel pages, buttons and graphics, cool. ;) If that's the case welcome aboard! :)
  • Options
    vining wrote: »
    So like members of this forum who share code modules and snippets, you'll be offerring free panel pages, buttons and graphics, cool. ;) If that's the case welcome aboard! :)

As I said there's some freebies on our site ;)
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    vining wrote: »
    Where's the "like" button?
  • Options
    As I said there's some freebies on our site ;)
    That's nice but I was really only trying to be a smart a$$ in case that wasn't apparent. Nothing personal, I'm just a smart a$$ by nature. JJ is right though so you should try to keep the blatant advertising to a minimum. You need to cleverly sneek your message into the conversations as opposed to the blunt direct approach of throwing your name and available services around.

Something like:
    When creating a for loop you can do something like this:
    for(i = 1 ; i <= nLen ; i ++)
    	  {
    	  if(iZones[i] && iZones[i] <= sVaux[iSwitch].nZoneMax)//make sure were valid
    	       {
    	       cZoneStr = "See Custom Code Crafters for their latest AMX GUIs[Switch][i]" ;
    	       }
    	  }

Hope that helps. :)
  • Options
    :)

Fair point, maybe it was a little blatant!

Sorry if I put anyone's nose out of joint, that wasn't the intention at all.

So, do you guys want to know when we release the AMX stuff, I'm happy to take a back seat if not?
  • Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I always want to learn more but take the suggestions offered and remember that this isn't Ebay. There are many egos here that you are interacting with. There are some that would welcome templates and others that feel that they want to do it by themselves. At the end of the day this is a forum where people help each other and usually in a professional manner. If you can do it right you may actually have someone else blowing your horn for you.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Here's what to avoid....

User: What is 2+2?

Forum spammer: 5.. and my product is this and that and this and that and this and that

Enjoy!!!
  • Options
    :)

Fair point, maybe it was a little blatant!

Sorry if I put anyone's nose out of joint, that wasn't the intention at all.

So, do you guys want to know when we release the AMX stuff, I'm happy to take a back seat if not?
    I wouldn't mind looking at the products when made available since I can always steel ideas and download the freebies. Make it like GUIFX so that folks who download the freebies need to create an account and from then on you can keep folks informed by direct email thus keeping the forums mostly commercial free.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    You guys make me laugh!
    :D
  • Options
    Wow you lot are a tough crowd :)

I have to say I've only ever received a positive welcome on other forums before with a similar posting.

I am keen to learn more about AMX and what stuff you guys require (if you do, and other than freebies!), so we can tailor our products to meet a need, so I'll be sticking around.
  • Options
    tracktoystracktoys Posts: 46
    Hi,

New to this forum so I justy wanted to introduce my company and let you know a little bit about C3 CustomCodeCrafters.

We are a programming and interface design company with offices in the UK and Canada providing services to the Custom Installation industry. We have been providing graphics templates for some time now for ********, CommandFusion, RTI and Pronto and are now in the final stages of testing a number of templates for AMX touchpanels which we hope to bring to you in the next few weeks.

In the mean time, if you wish to check out the quality of our work there are a number of free files - buttons, icons etc available for download from our store. http://www.customcodecrafters.com

I'll let you know more once our AMX templates hit the store.

Mike

Personally, I have nothing against someone posting free graphics stuff. For me, programming is the easy part of the job. It's fun and rewarding. The graphics part sucks because I'm not all that great at it and it consumes the largest amount of time if I have to do something from scratch. If it wasn't for Google and Gimp, I'd blow my brains out trying to generate GUIs. Thanks for the freebies and good luck with your AMX venture.
  • Options
    BrallenBrallen Posts: 25
    jjames wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your many replies that will only contain "we do this, and we can do that - check us out at our website."

You have no idea how excited I am that there will be another user who will use this board as a source of advertisement.

BTW - have you tried posting here? http://sfbay.craigslist.org/amxforums

I was drinking hot tea when I read that, but the pain was worth the laugh!
  • Options
    tracktoys wrote: »
    Personally, I have nothing against someone posting free graphics stuff. For me, programming is the easy part of the job. It's fun and rewarding. The graphics part sucks because I'm not all that great at it and it consumes the largest amount of time if I have to do something from scratch. If it wasn't for Google and Gimp, I'd blow my brains out trying to generate GUIs. Thanks for the freebies and good luck with your AMX venture.

Thanks tracktoys
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Looking at your UIs they seem to value glitter and gloss over function and don't seem to take usability into account. Those see-through buttons with white text just don't pop at all, and I find my eye has nothing to focus on so it just meanders around, looking for a place to rest. I understand that it might seem like the navigation buttons should always be in the center, since its looks centered and symmetrical, but I would hate to have to use it. The text seems really small as well, even though there is plenty of dead space on the UI. I can barely stand to look at Candy (reminds me of clown barf), and the other UIs are very reminiscent of GUIFX product. Welcome to the forums!
    Paul
  • Options
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    Looking at your UIs they seem to value glitter and gloss over function and don't seem to take usability into account. Those see-through buttons with white text just don't pop at all, and I find my eye has nothing to focus on so it just meanders around, looking for a place to rest. I understand that it might seem like the navigation buttons should always be in the center, since its looks centered and symmetrical, but I would hate to have to use it. The text seems really small as well, even though there is plenty of dead space on the UI. I can barely stand to look at Candy (reminds me of clown barf), and the other UIs are very reminiscent of GUIFX product. Welcome to the forums!
    Paul

Thanks Paul!

We take a lot of factors into account when creating our templates and first an foremost they are functional, but of course for most people they have to be pleasing to the eye too, and as we employ programmers as well as graphic designers they are well tried and tested in the field. GUI's will always be a matter of taste.

Whilst we provide a large number of page layouts they are all highly flexible, so can be modified to suit your needs (including font colour and size of course).

We used to sell though GuiFX so you may well be referring to our own templates when you say they are reminiscent of their designs.