Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Updating Inspired Signage

I have a client with six IS-200 players in need of firmware updates. I updated firmware on one of them the other day and it went well, so I started the rest of them. As of now, it doesn't look good:

- Updater Manager appears to be hung; it's been "closing applications" (the first step) for almost 13 hours now
- I can ping all of the players
- I can't bring up any of the players via ip_address:25001

So it looks like UM has been able to close those applications, but doesn't know it. Starting (pre-update attempt) firmware versions were RM1.1.15 for the one that succeeded, RM1.1.0 and RM1.1.12 for the ones that are having problems.

Any ideas for a next step?

PS - just to make it interesting, these players are on a university campus 100 miles away; I'm connected by VPN. I don't have physical access to them over the weekend, although in principle I could drive down there Monday morning.

Comments

• Options
    CT-DallasCT-Dallas Posts: 157
    Chris,
    Were you able to resolve the issue on Monday? In my past experiences, I too have seen the Update Manager hang and fail to move on to another step. I recently updated (albeit onsite) 30 units. Several reported as having failed, but upon rechecking the target players, all units reported back with the upgraded firmware version number.

There appears to be a certain timing element to the utility in which it is guessing the player should be complete and done rebooting. If it is unable to ping the player at the end of that predetermined timeout, it reports as a failure.

You however are seeing the failure at the start of the process as opposed to when I saw it at the end of the process. Was Tech Support able to assist you in this? The Update Manager is a new utility and there is little documentation for it at this time - but it certainly beats the alternative of reimaging each player every time there is an update.