Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Mitsubishi Electric's VC-X3000 display wall processor

I need to control Mitsubishi Electric's VC-X3000 display wall processor via TCP/IP.

Command for layout open is very simple and work very good, but command for new window creation is complex (length 896 bytes).

help me please to create a correctly command!!!

Comments

• Options
    dimaccodimacco Posts: 8
    HELP!!!

When sending a command to the wall processor (command length 896 bytes) over TCP/IP, the connection to the processor is broken. What is the maximum length of command for TCP/IP? AMX NI can send commands such length?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    dimacco wrote: »
    When sending a command to the wall processor (command length 896 bytes) over TCP/IP, the connection to the processor is broken. What is the maximum length of command for TCP/IP? AMX NI can send commands such length?

The maximum you can send in a packet over IP is 1.5K or so. The Netlinx master sends this size packet with not problems. My guess is one or two things simultaneously.

1) you don't have your message format correct - and/or
    2) the natural behavior for the TV is to close the connection after receiving a command.

95% of all serial commands (rs232 or IP) is getting that first command to work. After that it's a piece of cake. My best advice is use debugger and/or sending copies of your output strings to device 0 to see exactly what's going out.
  • Options
    I just looked at the command protocol. You might want to post your code and let us look at how you're formatting the message. hex strings like that can be a bear sometimes. Don't be afraid. We've all been there.
  • Options
    HI

Yes, I tried to send copies of output strings to device 0, but the controller writes an error "too long string, maximum size 274" or so.

Yes, I am sure that I have wrong message format. Help me understand how to make string.
  • Options

Please take a look BUTTON_EVENT [dvTP, CreateWindow]
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Yes, I tried to send copies of output strings to device 0, but the controller writes an error "too long string, maximum size 274" or so.

Yes, I am sure that I have wrong message format. Help me understand how to make string.

That's the limit on send_string 0, not the limit out the IP connection. Don't assume because you can't get it on the debug terminal that it isn't going out, because they have different limits (and length isn't the only difference ... don't send a null to the terminal either).
  • Options
    By the way, I've done this a few times when I had strings too large for device 0. Try sending it to your computer using hyperterminal or putty. You can see the whole string that way.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I need to control Mitsubishi Electric's VC-X3000 display wall processor via TCP/IP.

Command for layout open is very simple and work very good, but command for new window creation is complex (length 896 bytes).

help me please to create a correctly command!!!
    I looked at your code and the protocol that you posted and I believe your header for new window creation is incorrect.

According to the protocol the header is supposed to be 4 bytes and is equal to the data length in little endian order.

The header you are using for the new window creation command is:
    $10,$00,$00,$00

That header says the data length is 16 bytes which is correct for the layout open command that you say you have working.

The new window creation command has a data length of 896 bytes so I believe the header should be:
    $80,$03,$00,$00

See if this new header gets you any further.

HTH
  • Options
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    According to the protocol the header is supposed to be 4 bytes and is equal to the data length in little endian order.

Hi Joe,

I paid attention to the compilation command, but forgot the header!!! :)

Check be skipped, and then write about the result.

Thanks for the tip!!!