• Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Can't wait for all the phone calls
    :)

You mean if they can reach you...
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I get surprisingly few calls when channel lineups change. I spent a lot of time developing a module that gives the user their entire channel guide on the touch panel, and lets them store their own favorites. All I have to do is edit a CSV file and drop it on their master when there is a change ... but almost no one uses it. They just punch in the channel number directly. It's one of those features everyone oohs and aahs over, but practically speaking, how many channels do you use regularly? And how many of those are affected by any given change? I expect some action over this, but not very much.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I get surprisingly few calls when channel lineups change. I spent a lot of time developing a module that gives the user their entire channel guide on the touch panel, and lets them store their own favorites. All I have to do is edit a CSV file and drop it on their master when there is a change ... but almost no one uses it. They just punch in the channel number directly. It's one of those features everyone oohs and aahs over, but practically speaking, how many channels do you use regularly? And how many of those are affected by any given change? I expect some action over this, but not very much.

The Russound XM/Sirius box provides its own meta-data for the 1/2 dozen or so dynamic presets so the end user just has to re-save (press and hold) the preset - I don't expect any calls.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    icraigie wrote: »
    The Russound XM/Sirius box provides its own meta-data for the 1/2 dozen or so dynamic presets so the end user just has to re-save (press and hold) the preset - I don't expect any calls.

All my client's presets are dynamically set by the client themselves. They're in total control. That still doesn't stop them from noticing that "The Squizz" Preset is no longer 'The Squizz' I have to let them know that the channel lineup has changed and that they need to go reset them.

We use a couple flavors of XM/Sirius boxes. (Elan, XM, etc...) The only common denominator is that they all provide meta data.