Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

N1-3100 Seril Problem Device Feedback receiving but no AMX transmit

Hi guys,

I have a Nuvo Switcher connect to port 4 of My NI-3100 and nuvo is sending feedback perfectly to the controller but even though the controller flashes the transmit LED it still does not control the device. i have connected by Hyper Terminal to Nuvo through my PC on the same cable and it received the exact serial string commands AMX is supposed to send fine. We have the same configuration on another system using a N1-4000 and it is working perfect. Same code, same devices, just different controller.

Other devices are connected to the 3100 and are functional both trans and receive.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Does it work if you change serial ports on the 3100?

Could be a dead port, try a loop back shorting pins 2&3 on the netlinx and watch diags.

Could also be the start of a capacitor issue with the 3100 and the serial tx voltage dropping with the nuvo the most sensitive to the volt drop.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    cdlaws wrote: »
    i have connected by Hyper Terminal to Nuvo through my PC on the same cable and it received the exact serial string commands AMX is supposed to send fine.

Could be the cable, check out the first 2 questions of the forum FAQ which you can find here:

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?4085-Forum-FAQs
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    You don't mention port configuration/baud rate/etc. Is the port properly configured?
  • Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    For some reason I read this as a new fault on a working system, whereas on reading now this seems like a new install. As Joe says is the cable wired for more than 2, 3 & 5?
  • Options
    cdlawscdlaws Posts: 2
    This Is a second install on the same job. We are using the same code, cable, and port configuration. We have tried switching ports from port 4 to 5 and we get the same thing. On port 2 of the system we are connected to an April Air sytem and communication to and from is fine. In diagnogstics the baud rate is 57600, 8,1,N . it shows the serial command as being sent through the specific port and the port led flsahes for transmit.

I used my laptop to check the serial output from the NI-3100 on the port and i can see the bufferring from AMX on the port when a command is sent the poling stops and no command is seen sent from the controller's port. I use Serial Watcher.
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    We just removed a NI-3100 with the same issues and it was the cap. The projector would not work but the switcher would, moved the ports everywhere with same results. We had the projector work once for 5 mins after we removed the connector and rebooted the system but stopped soon after reconnecting. Looks like the load of the cable and projector was enough to bring the cap. charge down to stop it working.