Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Polycom HDX8000 slow dialing from phonebook

Hi There,
Has anyone had an issue with the Netlinx module for the HDX codecs where all the commands (even pan, tilt) seem to be working correctly (quick response) except the dialing from the phone-book? The module gets all the phone-book information from the codec and displays it on the touch panel, but when an entry is selected to dial, it takes about 20 seconds before the codec actually dials the selected number.
When you use the IR remote and select the same entry from the phone-book, it dials it immediately.
Any idea why?

Thanks

Comments

• rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    Hi There,
    Has anyone had an issue with the Netlinx module for the HDX codecs where all the commands (even pan, tilt) seem to be working correctly (quick response) except the dialing from the phone-book? The module gets all the phone-book information from the codec and displays it on the touch panel, but when an entry is selected to dial, it takes about 20 seconds before the codec actually dials the selected number.
    When you use the IR remote and select the same entry from the phone-book, it dials it immediately.
    Any idea why?

Thanks

This is an issue with the version of the Polycom software running on the end point. I can't remember the version number that has the issue off the top of my head, but iirc it was the first version with the current UI (2.6 something maybe?). IIRC it'll be slow to dial even if you take the AMX out of the equation and send the dial phone book command from your laptop serial port.

If the unit's under service, see if there's a newer version of the polycom software available, and if not try rolling back to the previous version.
  • Thanks, I will check the version on the Polycom. But you say to rollback to older version? Will that be older AMX module or Polycom firmware version?
  • rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    Thanks, I will check the version on the Polycom. But you say to rollback to older version? Will that be older AMX module or Polycom firmware version?

Polycom firmware, this issue (assuming it's the same one I ran into) is an issue with the phone book API command in the polycom firmware. I'd check to see if there are any updates you can try first though, before rolling back.