Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Coolmaster

Has anybody had much experience integrating a DAIKIN VRV system using the Coolmaster 1000D? Basically, the system was up and running fine (without programming, but the Coolmaster was picking up the units), but suddenly the coolmaster is not picking up any of the units, and I was wondering whether it's an issue from the DAIKIN or Coolmaster side. All of the A/C units also report an error (error U4 if I recall correctly, which is "U4 System Transmission between indoor units")

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    regallionregallion Posts: 95
    I have implemented two different projects using the Coolmaster (although on a Cue control system).

First one worked fine, but the second one gave us all kinds of problems. Sometimes it would pick up the units and run fine for a day or two - then it would just lose everything.

After eliminating things like power supply and RS-232 cable we just sent it back for a replacement. The one we got back has worked ever since.

EDIT: Should also say that I don't think Daikin endorse the Coolmaster products in any way - in fact they may even invlidate warrantees etc if they find out. They certainly won't help you with it! This was the case 2 or 3 years back - not sure about now. If you're seeing errors on the units I'd unplug the Coolmaster and get those resolved with Daikin and / or your HVAC installer first. Then try to use your Coolmaster again.
  • Options
    ur-lyingur-lying Posts: 23
    regallion wrote: »
    I have implemented two different projects using the Coolmaster (although on a Cue control system).

First one worked fine, but the second one gave us all kinds of problems. Sometimes it would pick up the units and run fine for a day or two - then it would just lose everything.

After eliminating things like power supply and RS-232 cable we just sent it back for a replacement. The one we got back has worked ever since.

EDIT: Should also say that I don't think Daikin endorse the Coolmaster products in any way - in fact they may even invlidate warrantees etc if they find out. They certainly won't help you with it! This was the case 2 or 3 years back - not sure about now. If you're seeing errors on the units I'd unplug the Coolmaster and get those resolved with Daikin and / or your HVAC installer first. Then try to use your Coolmaster again.

Thanks! Managed to resolve the problem, and outdoor unit was not connected to the system. Luckily Daikin has no issue with the system, at least not thus far. A couple of further questions for you:

1. With the serial pin-out, is it 2-3 and 3-2 or straight through?
    2. SEND_STRING device, 'allon' ?

Thanks in advance if you can answer the above, much appreciated!
  • Options
    regallionregallion Posts: 95
    I don't recall the pin-outs I'm afraid. Whatever the docs say or whatever you do will be wrong and you'll have to re-wire it anyway!! It's the way this game works ;)

As for the control, remember to add a CR :

SEND_STRING device, "'allon', $0d"

Good luck!
  • Options
    regallion wrote: »
    I don't recall the pin-outs I'm afraid. Whatever the docs say or whatever you do will be wrong and you'll have to re-wire it anyway!! It's the way this game works ;)

As for the control, remember to add a CR :

SEND_STRING device, "'allon', $0d"

Good luck!

Sweet, of course! $0A should also work according to the documentation.

Serial cables: bane of my life!
  • Options
    VladaPUBVladaPUB Posts: 139
    I have used coolmaster on one project, and it works great.

Here is code sample :
    SEND_STRING  dvKlima,"'stat 101',$0D,$0A" //status od first zone

SEND_STRING  dvKlima,"'cool 101 ',ITOA(GLOBALNATEMP),$0D,$0A"  //set temp to cool

SEND_STRING  dvKlima,"'temp 101 +1',$0D,$0A" //temp in first zone +1

SEND_STRING  dvKlima,"'on 101',$0D,$0A"  //first zone on

SEND_STRING  dvKlima,"'off 101',$0D,$0A" //first zone off

SEND_STRING  dvKlima,"'fspeed 107 l',$0D,$0A" //fan speed zone 7

Hope this help ?
  • Options
    Awesome! Much appreciated!