Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Phanton Master?

Maybe this is a stupid question and I've just never noticed this before but I have exactly 3 Netlinx NI's on this job site and when I do refresh network in studio under "Other Netlinx Systems" it shows a second master for the same IP as the main master (192.168.1.10) but with a different MAC address.

Also at the bottom of the window it shows a count of 4 in the Masters window.

Can anyone explain?

See attached picture.

Comments

• Options
    Are you on a network with other masters? That's about the only thing that would make sense. Also, what happens if you disconnect the master that you know of from the network and do the same thing? Does the phantom master still show up?
  • Options
    BigsquatchBigsquatch Posts: 216
    Are you on a network with other masters? That's about the only thing that would make sense. Also, what happens if you disconnect the master that you know of from the network and do the same thing? Does the phantom master still show up?

Then nothing shows up in the but the .11 and .12 .
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    What's the MAC of the 12 Netlinx? Might it be that MAC that is appearing as the extra 10?
    I'm thinking that the second 10 could be a view of the first 10 but as seen by the 12, through URL list... note that the image has no MAC for the 12. Worth a look.