Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Multichannel Media Server

I am looking for a multi channel media server that has easy integration to an AMX system.

I have 12 rooms that want to be able to individually play music from the server.

I may need multiple servers but Id like to minimize hardware.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    ReQuest has been pretty good for us.
  • Options
    davidvdavidv Posts: 90
    Yes request is good but I dont think they have the capabiliy to have 1 server control 12 rooms individually. Each room wants to be able to play any song on the server independ. to the other rooms
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Check out Autonomic Controls.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    You'll need several units to span that many independent outputs. Request does 1, 2, or 4 at a time, Autonomics has 2 or 5 at a time. Most other systems are one per device.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'd be inclined to go with ReQuest too. You can get a server with up to 4 audio zones built in, but you can gang as many players as you want on top of that for independent streams. If you want video as well as audio, they have players for that as well (and the built in zones won't help you anyway, the server itself doesn't have a video output ... it will stream video, but not actually play it from the server). You can also add pretty much as much storage as you want with NAS drives.