Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

CV7 firmware

We have been doing a firmware for all of panels across campus and have had a few panels fail after the update. They seems to be the older CV7's but not all CV7's have failed. Has anyone else ran across some odd issues doing the latest firmware update?

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    We have been doing a firmware for all of panels across campus and have had a few panels fail after the update. They seems to be the older CV7's but not all CV7's have failed. Has anyone else ran across some odd issues doing the latest firmware update?

Once, but it came back to life after leaving it off the power supply for a day. You might give that a try and see what happens.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    We have seen the FLASH cards "wear out" or fail, most often noticed at a firmware update. New data sits in new places on the cards, and new issues arise. Swap flash cards between working and failed CV7's and I bet more often than not, the trouble travels with the FLASH. AMX sells replacements and there is plenty of discussion elsewhere in the forums on burning your own.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Thanks, I did a flash card swap with another panel and it did the trick.
  • joecjoec Posts: 55
    Thanks, I did a flash card swap with another panel and it did the trick.

HI
    Do you know if I can swap a card from a desktop 7" to a wall mounted 7"
    My wall mount 7" is white screen of death after failed firmware
  • mushmush Posts: 287
    joec wrote: »
    HI
    Do you know if I can swap a card from a desktop 7" to a wall mounted 7"
    My wall mount 7" is white screen of death after failed firmware

Have you re-powered the panel?
    I had a similar problem the other day, re-powering fixed the issue.
  • joecjoec Posts: 55
    mush wrote: »
    Have you re-powered the panel?
    I had a similar problem the other day, re-powering fixed the issue.

Hi, yes I have tried rebooting several times. Including while losing the screen and also the button
    Thanks
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    The same flash should work in wall or table.