Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Feature request ? Netlinx Studio ? Pulse Channel in Control a Device

Would it be possible to get a Pulse channel inside the Control a Device dialog box of Netlinx Studio? Kind of like a cousin to Push channel inside Emulate a Device. AFAIK the only way to pulse IR codes is to fire-up (and I use the term loosely) IREdit. It would be great if we could use Netlinx Studio to pulse an IR code when testing/troubleshooting. Or is there a way to do that now that I don?t know about.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    FrankieFrankie Posts: 71
    Cant you do that now under the menu "Diagnostics" then "Control a Device"??

I'm not sure but I think you can. I dont have a master handy to try it out right now.
  • Options
    yeah you CAN currently pulse IR Channels via Control a device, but like he mentioned there is no Pulse, you basicaly have to go channel ON and then CHannel OFF. I agree that a pulse feature would be handy. A better solution in my mind would be to AXE IRedit all together and integrate it into the studio environment. I LOATHE that program at times.
  • Options
    alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    You could also send the SP command from the control device if you needed a pulse rather then relying on hitting the off button fast enough.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Thanks, alexanbo. That option never crossed my mind. I'll give SP a try next time.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    You can also play if you want with free utility I created in spare time that allows few easy commands with NetLinx systems such as automatic discover in subnet, reboot, channels, command, on/off...

You can download it here: http://www.domedia.net/index.php?phpLang=en&page=diagdownload&title=DOWNLOAD

Feel free to write to me for any ideas, complaints....

Vinc