Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Nearly similar touchpanels on a project

Just wondering if anyone out there has taken this approach.

This is assuming G3 touchpanels. I an rehashing an older job where I have about 12 panels, all 240 x 320 size, but some are the old style 2 way viewpoints, some are the 6", some the 4" etc. 95% of what's on the panels is identical, but there a few local variations - some places don't have access to all functions. For a consistent look, and for future changes, it is clearly much nicer to maintain one master panel design, than have to change every panel each time something changes.

So my idea is that if a panel shouldn't have a particular button, I could make a popup page matching the background which just covers it over, and then in the online event for that TP, just turn that popup on, so in theory the button that shouldn't be seen is always obscured. I think I'd still have to "save as a different panel type" to get these to download, but you get the picture. I'd just maintain one file for any changes. Pasting pages from one TP to another is a huge pain if there are graphics, because it insists you give them new names, or else you have to reload the graphic for each button.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

OP

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Hi Oliver,

I don?t know if this fits your particular situation but you do have the option to hide and show buttons with:

"'@SHO',<variable text address 1-255>,<ON/OFF 1-0>"
    Turns Button On or Off (show/hide)

This assumes that the buttons that you want to show and hide have address codes assigned to them.
  • Options
    I've generally used a standard panel and have a configuration page. The config page sets some persistent variables that I check during my startup code. I use this to make buttons hide or appear, and also use it to change the bitmap on the button. An example is the use of different DVD and VHS devices, some separate and some combo devices. If I have one of each, I have both buttons visible with bitmaps showing a picture of the device. If it is a combo unit, I turn off one button and put the combo bitmap up.

In some cases, I use the variables to determine which page or popup to display.

Here is a confusing sample.....

IF (cfgDVD = 'Y')
    {
    IF (nBASIC_MODE)
    {
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@SHO',83,1"; //DVD button on
    }
    ELSE
    {
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@BMP',3,'dvdv2000_sm.bmp'"
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@TXT',3,'DVD/VCR Combo'";
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@TXT',23,'DVD/VCR'";
    }
    }
    ELSE
    {
    IF (nBASIC_MODE)
    {
    // Make button 83 dissapear
    // change picture on button 33
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@SHO',83,0"; //dvd button off
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@BMP',3,'64_88_t_vcr.bmp'"
    }
    ELSE
    {
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@BMP',3,'vcr.BMP'"
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@TXT',3,'VCR'";
    SEND_COMMAND vdvTP,"'@TXT',23,'VCR'";
    }
    }
    }

It is a bit confusing because for this customer I have two complete sets of screens loaded to each touch panel. They have a choice of using either basic or advanced mode.

I hope this helps.

Danny

sorry about the lack of structure. I can't figure out how to make this editor not left-shift everything.
  • Options
    shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394

sorry about the lack of structure. I can't figure out how to make this editor not left-shift everything.

Use
    [/code ] without spaces... Looks like:

[code]
    paste
    	code
    		with
    			tabs

• Options
    Nearly Similar panels

Cool. Didn't know about the Send_command Device, "'@sho'....." routine. Much more elegant. I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks!

OP