Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

G3 panels buttons

Salut,
I'm just starting a rather large project and am starting to run out of usable space(255 buttons in the channel map). I see that each panel is capable of being 4 devices(?) but I have never used this feature and am not familair with how to set it up and how to active the command, for example button# 200 device 3. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. :):)

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    Just make sure that inside the setup of the panel you set the panel to use up to 4 devices and if the starting address of the panel is 128, then the rest of the device no. will follow. i.e. 129, 130 & 131. Then inside your coding you will have to define all the 4 devices though they belong to same physical panel. Now you can use 130 which is device 3 in this case to program the button push/release for channel 200. Hope this helps.

cheers,
    Zhihao
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've found it almost impossible to do large projects on a G3 without re-using channels and tracking the context in code. For example, instead of having a seperate button channel for the controls of every source device, I nearly always use exactly the same buttons for each of them. The "Play" button is channel 1 on the same device for every deck that has a play function; my code keeps track of what deck I am controlling at the moment, and sends the command to the proper deck based on that.
  • Options
    JillJill Posts: 44
    Merci gentlemen
    I played around with your suggestions last week (while soaking up some UV's at the beach) and think I now have a good grasp on the method. As Dave mentioned I often do reuse buttons for many devices that have like transport functions. Mostly I use the 'select/active' method. Merci. :):)
  • Options
    bobbob Posts: 296
    You will also have to activate "use 4 devices" in the panel properties in TPDesign3.