Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

IP Communications - MSG ON ALL Unreliable

Been looking at the data that passes by, this has proven to be quite unreliable. I changed the IP, it still says it's connecting on the old IP. keeps saying it's closing the socket, connected succesfully etc.

In the meantime it connected correctly on the right port to the right IP as the server can see the connection is open just fine. IP Status in telnet also gives the correct information. Haven't attempted serious communication over it yet, but this turned out to be flaky at best.

Working with bogus info sucks..

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    A lot of IP devices work this way. They don't update the connection information, even after the connection itself has been renegotiated. I'm sure it has something to to with the IP cache, and that in the end it's done on a MAC ID level, the rest just being labels. Once that cache is cleared or updated it should show the right IP address. But I've seen the same on other types of devices than AMX.
  • Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    A lot of IP devices work this way. They don't update the connection information, even after the connection itself has been renegotiated. I'm sure it has something to to with the IP cache, and that in the end it's done on a MAC ID level, the rest just being labels. Once that cache is cleared or updated it should show the right IP address. But I've seen the same on other types of devices than AMX.

The odd thing is that it doesn't clear the cache (if you will) on a reboot. The ip seems to be rather persistent, not behaviour I'd expect or want in this case. And frankly have been unable to manually clear it. (There's nothing about it in telnet)