Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

LG HVAC with AMX (over LON)

Hi,

I am integrating a big project with AMX soon, and the HVAC people want to people an HVAC system from LG, Multi-V V-Net, at first I was just going to integrate with dry contacts, but as it seems the dry contact module is not available. The only one available is a LON interface, I am not entirely familiar with LON, but from what I have read it can be integrating with an interface from Commtech-de.

I am reading that the lon side needs to be prepared in some way, could someone explain this to me a little more?

I include the tech sheet from the lon gateway from LG.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• The LON environment in general needs to be programmed. It is based on communication objects, called SNVTs. There are dozens of different object types, and only objects of the same type can communicate. As an example, to turn on/off the hvac, the communication way between the gateway's outputs and the hvac's inputs (and also the returning way for feedbacks) must be programmed (this is called "binding"), so the gateway can send an on/off message from one of its nvoSwitch output objects to the hvac's nviOnOff input object. Without binding, nothing will ever communicate within Lon.

I had a look into the LG documentation. All the LON data objects (SNVTs; Chapter APPENDIX, A/C objects) are supported by the Comm-Tec LON gateway, except the type SNVT_hvac_status. Wiring between the LG unit and the gateway is 2-wire, chapter "Name of each part", connector #5

The gateway can be ordered at Comm-Tec, but the gateway is also reselled by AMX UK.
    If you need further assistance for the gateway, and for the required AMX module files, feel free to contact me directly, marc.scheibein@amx.de.