Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Can't find Barco projector menu controls in RS-232 document

Hey folks. I have written a module for IP control of Barco projectors based on their RS232_codes_manual.pdf but I don't find any commands at all for up, down, left right etc.

The only menu related command I see is menu exit.

Has anyone out there pogrammed one of these?

Comments

• Options
    Which model of Barco? Some have different protocols.
  • Options
    BigsquatchBigsquatch Posts: 216
    There are 2 FLM-HD14 and a RLM-W8 in this project.

I've looked through the manual for the FLM and it comes with a remote that has cursor buttons.
  • Options
    Bit busy at the moment, but can you post the code for, say, power on - just so I can do a quick check against what I already have?
  • Options
    Untested:
    PROJECTOR_ON	= "$FE,$00,$65,$64,$FF"

• Options
    Protocol looks same as Barco H250/400 I programmed some time back (google it for the manual - may help you out)

Does your manual mention RCU commands (remote commands) ?

Prefix is $30 followed by

$50 - cursor up
    $51 - cursor down
    $55 - cursor left
    $56 - cursor right

Will confess I never actually had to implement this though!

Let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    Thank you, I'll check that out.
  • Options
    pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    Just to let you know, the RLM-W8 RS232 protocol is completely different to what is used for the FLM range, I've attached the 232 protocol for the RLM here, It's a new range and mot many techs I've met have even tried to control these ones!
  • Options
    Holy crap! I did NOT know that!

At least it looks simpler than the other protocol.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    Yep, big change between models this time.

The RLM-W8 however does have a IR connector that you might be able to connect directly with an IR port on the master that you should be able to use SP commands on to do the menu commands.

I've also had no end of trouble trying to communicate with the RLM over ethernet when trying to access the http control pages. It seems that with the current firmware even if the TCP/IP settings are correct (IP, SM & GW) this proj won't talk outside its subnet when the subnet is bigger than 255 hosts.

I havent yet tried to use IP control from a master, but don't like my chances considering what I've seen here.
  • Options
    Despite appearing to have a good name in projectors, I had no end of trouble controlling the Barco H250.

It's a beast of projector, seemingly with a PC inside it. I spent the best part of 2 days trying to communicate with it over IP; with one of those days spent on the phone with Barco head office tech support.

In the end the tech guy said "know what? the networking isn't working properly - use RS232".

So in the end we had to buy a load of Geffen 232 extenders and use serial instead. And then I had to deal with their dumb CRC calculation and replacing of escape characters. Ugh.

No relevance here but a story to add into the mix!!
  • Options
    What you are saying here guys kind of baffles me. In my lates project are three FLM20HDs and four RLM8W which I control via Ethernet and they work perfectly. There was no problem establishing a connection, even through B subnet masks (255.255.0.0). I can control them both from a NI controller and my laptop.

If it helps, then here is the code I use for connection minus my string manipulation.
    lPORT 	= 43680		 				// COMMUNICATION PORT OR $AAA0

DATA_EVENT[dvDEVICE]
    {
       ONLINE:
       {
    	nONLINE = 1
       }
       OFFLINE:
       {
    	nONLINE = 0
    	WAIT nRETRYTIME
    	IP_CLIENT_OPEN(dvDEVICE.PORT,CADDRESS,lPORT,IP_TCP)
       }
       STRING:
       {
    	SELECT
    	{

}
       CLEAR_BUFFER cBUFFER
       }
       ONERROR: // 
       {
    	SWITCH (DATA.NUMBER)
    	{
    	   CASE 9:
    	   CASE 17:
    	   {}
    	   DEFAULT:
    	   {
    		WAIT nRETRYTIME
    		IP_CLIENT_OPEN(dvDEVICE.PORT,cADDRESS,lPORT,IP_TCP)
    	   }
          }
       }
    }

• Options
    Would you happen to know the FLM commands for video mute on/off?

The docs I have say

$FE,$00,$27,$3E,$65,$FF -On
    $FE,$00,$26,$3E,$64,$FF -Off

but I'm getting a NACK when I send the command for video mute on.
  • Options
    The docs I have tell me the same. What kind of FLM are you using?
  • Options
    Thorleifur wrote: »
    The docs I have tell me the same. What kind of FLM are you using?

FLM-HD14's
  • Options
    Sorry, I got nothing. But the next time I am servicing it, I will check this out.

I am guessing that you don´t want to use the shutter! I use it for short mutes to get no spill from the projector. It might help you here if you are in trouble.
  • Options
    Thorleifur, do you know what the login and password are for these devices? If I telnet to them they ask for a user and password and the installer says none has been set. There is nothing in the manual that says.
  • Options
    Ignore my last post, I tried to telnet to the projector and forgot that it uses port 43680.