Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Runco LS-5

Has anyone controlled this projector via serial port recently? We have control over it and everything is working fine except the discrete power OFF. The projector is reporting that 'ky pow.off ' is an unknown command. All of the other commands are responding and operating correctly.

Runco is saying that we might need to send the projector back and get a new one to fix the problem. This thinking doesn't make logical sense to me since all of the other commands are functioning properly. I am just looking for someone to confirm that the off command does actually work on a projector somewhere in the world :)

Thank you,
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    Hi Jeff

I can confim that "'ky pow.off',$0D" does indeed turn the unit off. I've done a couple of these recently and they both worked OK.

Sounds like a hardware fault, although a very odd one.

Simon
  • Options
    jimmywjimmyw Posts: 112
    I had that error as well, I ended up sending
    wait 00 "'ky pow.off',$0D"
    wait 08 "'ky pow.off',$0D"
    wait 16 "'ky pow.off',$0D"

yes yes I know wait 00 isnt needed, but I like things to line up :P
    it responds unknown to the first one and sends ok for the other 2

Also, off topic, they are DP guts.
    6. Appendix Digital Projection M-Vision Cine 230, Cine 260, Cine 400 User Manual
    Remote communications protocol
    Introduction
    The projector can be controlled by using an external control system or a PC via an RS232 serial interface, using a terminal-emulation program, such as HyperTerminal.
    There are 2 types of commands:
    Key commands
    Operation commands
    All commands consist of ascii text strings starting with 2 letters:
    ky for key commands.
    op for operations commands.
    All commands end with an ascii Carriage Return character.
    Key Commands
    Key commands are used to simulate remote control key presses, and use the following format:
    ky <keyname> [CR]
    Example
    ky pow.on [CR] simulates the POWER ON key being pressed.

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Thanks for the info. I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes :)

Thanks again,
    Jeff
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Runco makes a nice product, but their quality control is easily the worst I've seen. We never let one out the door without bench testing it, for fear it will be DOA. I had one customer go through 5 DLP projectors in three months until we got one that was stable.