Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Polycom

Looking for a bit of help and advice in regard to a Pollycom hdx9000 codec, everything is working ok but i am looking for the command to disable/enable the Polycom mic and also when i pick an external camera "'camera near 3',$0D" it picks the camera just fine and lets it switch back to the main camera via camera 1 comand but when i use input 4 for a PC or laptop input "'camera near 4',$0D" although it picks the PC/laptop when external camera or main camera is selected via the above commands these only show the camera in the pip window and do not cancel the PC image, using the content button on the remote seems to cancel the pc image, any help would be greatly appreciated especially in being able to disable and enable the polycom mic.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    alanhalanh Posts: 30
    It would appear the camera command is a toggle command as detailed in the API, the mic disable is not possible but the new firmware allows for the polycom mic and an echo canceled additional input. Just an update for anybody interested.
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    Polycom, for some reason, uses the term "video concert" when referring to the vga input. Look in the "Integrator's Reference Manual" for the HDX codecs and see what it says about the 'vcbutton' command. The remote button that you are finding effective is probably the vc button. You can emulate that in RS232:
    "'vcbutton play', 13"
    "'vcbutton stop',13"

That's my experience, anyway.

I was under the impression that the HDX 9000 codec didn't come with a remote and that if you had the remote it might not work unless you have an add on IR receiver as the codec doesn't have IR capability built in. Do you have the optional remote and IR receiver?
  • Options
    rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    Hedberg wrote: »
    Polycom, for some reason, uses the term "video concert" when referring to the vga input. Look in the "Integrator's Reference Manual" for the HDX codecs and see what it says about the 'vcbutton' command. The remote button that you are finding effective is probably the vc button. You can emulate that in RS232:
    "'vcbutton play', 13"
    "'vcbutton stop',13"

That's my experience, anyway.

I was under the impression that the HDX 9000 codec didn't come with a remote and that if you had the remote it might not work unless you have an add on IR receiver as the codec doesn't have IR capability built in. Do you have the optional remote and IR receiver?

It's the 8000 that doesn't have a built in IR receiver IIRC. The 9000 definitely does, and also does come with a remote.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Doesn't the mic have an ir receiver?
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    rfletcher wrote: »
    It's the 8000 that doesn't have a built in IR receiver IIRC. The 9000 definitely does, and also does come with a remote.

You are, no doubt, correct. We had an exciting time not too long ago with an HDX codec and it must have been the 8000.
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Doesn't the mic have an ir receiver?

Nope, the cameras do.