Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Help Needed! ASAP - Trying to restore default keypad/keyboard on MVP-8400

I loaded the Tandberg/Cisco Video Codec (c60) Module into my pogram and included the sample TP pages and now the keypad & keyboard pages have been replaced systemwide by substitute versions. I am not sure how to restore them and don't want to lose the functionality of the module versions, I just don't want them to look like the ones from tandberg. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am on the job site for only a couple of more days.

Keith

Comments

• Options
    Assuming you are on a Touch Panel, you have 2 options.

1 - You can try to remove user pages (from Setup). Assuming the module didn't over-write the system pages, then the next set of pages downloaded should look as expected.
    2 - re-download the same firmware. If the module over-wrote the system images, then this is the only way to restore the original images.

I've not used that module, so I can't say for sure what happened, but one of those 2 actions should clean up the UI.
  • Options
    KmclaneKmclane Posts: 33
    jtalley wrote: »
    Assuming you are on a Touch Panel, you have 2 options.

1 - You can try to remove user pages (from Setup). Assuming the module didn't over-write the system pages, then the next set of pages downloaded should look as expected.
    2 - re-download the same firmware. If the module over-wrote the system images, then this is the only way to restore the original images.

I've not used that module, so I can't say for sure what happened, but one of those 2 actions should clean up the UI.

I wiill give that a try - thanks!!!
  • Options
    Sadly, that did not work. but I am still using the module so I am not really surprised.

I would delete / or replace the keypad pages - but I am not sure how they actually work. All of the buttons on the module are assigned to 0:2011, all of the buttons on the template version use 0:201.

In an attempt to fix the problem (unsuccessfully) I saved a copy of the _keypad file from the template, and renamed the Tandberg module one _keypadA. This keypad still shows up as the keypad when going to protected pages. should I delete the pages named _keypad and _keypadA? How does the touch panel decide which keypad to display?
    Is there any documentation I can refer to for guidance?
  • Options
    Kmclane wrote: »
    How does the touch panel decide which keypad to display?

The panel looks at the name of the system page template pages (which all start with a double underscore), and if there is a matching page in the user pages that only has one leading underscore, then the one in the user pages is used. For example, the keypad popup is __keypad. When that is copied from a system page template to a user panel file, the name is changed to _keypad. When the panel is supposed to display the keypad, it looks to see if there is a _keypad popup in addition to the system __keypad popup, and if there is a _keypad popup then the _keypad popup is displayed.

As for the 0:201 and 0:2011 channel codes, they are all 0:201 in reality. In function show, the channel code is shown in the top left, the level code in bottom left, the address code in bottom right, and the state in upper right. For the buttons in the TandbergTC _keypad the buttons are so small there is not room to paint all that info without them overlapping. What you are seeing is the channel code overlapping the state info, and visually it appears as 0:2011. In reality it is a 0:201 which overlaps the state 1 in the top right corner. If you temporarily resize a button on the keypad, say the 0 button and make it larger, you'll see what I mean.

To get rid of the custom keypads and keyboards from overriding your system page versions, delete the _keypad and _keyboard popups from your panel pages (including the _keypadExtended, _keypadPrivate, _keypadTele, _keyboardPrivate, and _keyboardVirtual) and then the system pages versions will be used.

Chuck
  • Options
    Your solution did work - after I removed the pages in the module that were causing the problems.
    I will replace them if needed later.

I have a secondary problem that looks like the system pages are squished. Could this be the result of saving the original file from a different panel type to the mvp-8400 (original panel is a nxt-cv10) and scaling the pages? I have opened the master template for the mvp-8400 and copied the _setup, _keypad, _keyboard, but that does not seem to help.
  • Options
    Chuck,
    I was composing my reply to the previous suggestion, and missed yours before I posted. Thanks.
    I think I had just finished doing exactly what you suggested.

One button in the Tandberg module had a page flip assigned to _keyboard , do I need to add that page from the master template, or is there a better way to call up the keyboard that uses the onboard default keyboard?
  • Options
    You can try setting the channel port to 0-setup port and the channel code to PageFlip:Keyboard. This way you do not need to import a copy of the keyboard from the system pages into your panel design.
  • Options
    Thanks -That is what I was looking for.