Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

CLearOne Converge Expansion bus

here's a question that should be easy for someone who has programmed one of these.

In the SerialCommandsGuide under Groups and Channels for Expansion bus Audio Channels it says:

O-Z , I-N

So does that mean if I want to route input 1 on the expansion unit to output 1 on the main unit I can send the string "'#11 MTRX I O O 1',$0D" or is there more to it than that?

O-Z
O = 1?
P = 2?
Q = 3?
R = 4?
S = 5?
T = 6?
U = 7?
V = 8 ?
W = 9?
Z = 10?

Or do the letters refer to groups and if so is there any kind of setup that needs to be done?

I'm a remote coder, I don't have access to the equipment.

Comments

• Options
    jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    The expansion buses are "named" I-Z. You'll need to set up the route at both ends, from the second unit to the expansion bus, then from the expansion bus to wherever you need it in the first bus. Download Converge Console and play around with it in there, or talk to your DSP programmer.
  • Options
    BigsquatchBigsquatch Posts: 216
    Ok. Thanks!
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Be aware that the expansion buses are split into groups that have different purposes - mainly be aware that NOM information is passed on some e. bus channels but not others. The Converge Console help file is well worth a read because there's a few things that you need to know that aren't that intuitive about Clearones.

Sounds like you already have the serial protocol manual off the Clearone website - definitely grab it too if you don't already have it.