Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Sharp TV IP Control!!!???

Greetings,

I saw a Sharp LC-52LE830U come through here today that said "IP Control" on the box. After reading through the manual, it appears that the same commands used for serial can also be used for IP.

Has anyone tried talking to a Sharp Aquos via IP?

Thanks.

Comments

• Not yet, but I have a project next month with 28 units, so I'd be very interested to here how you get on.

We've allowed for serial, but the documentation seems to suggest that IP is good - but with Sharp you never know!
  • The manual suggests setting a user name and password in the TV. However the communication method described suggests nothing about any sort of login.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
  • IP control working well. I have tried all of the basic commands such as power and input select. All work as advertised. The VGA input can be selected with an 8 in the command although it is not mentioned in the documentation.

Be sure to enable IP control. It is off by default. If you don't assign a user and pass in the setup screen, you can just shoot commands at it once you open the connection. If you assign the user and pass, it will prompt you for them once you open the connection. I did not succeed in doing secured login. I didn't see and benefit to it anyway.

Good luck!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
  • Thanks! We're using the 831e (euro) models so I hope this is as smooth.

Is the 3min disconnect time correct?
  • Jimweir192 wrote: »
    Yes. about the three minute disconnect. There is no need to keep the connection open though as there is no asynchronous feedback. I open the connection, send my string, and then wait five seconds to close the connection. All acks come within that five second window.
  • Excellent - no unsolicited feedback.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Jimweir192 wrote: »
    Excellent - no unsolicited feedback.

My sarcasm detector just pinned ...
  • ;-)

Hoping I can lock the front panel buttons in the hotel menu!
  • koozookoozoo Posts: 17
    sharp monitor

Hi

I controled another series sharp monitor for JAPANESE domestic, but protocol will be same.

use tcp port 10008 as default, IP address and port can check on OSD menu using ir hand remote
    (you shold changge remote mode from RS232c to LAN on OSD)

you can try telnet command from PC as same.

First, monitor request ID and password, you can only hit ENTER($0d,$0a) ,ENTER($0d,$0a)
    after that send control command same as RS232 protocol (a little diffarent from RS232 / use 0 in spite of space)

//power on
    IP_CLIENT_OPEN(dvLCD.PORT,'10.34.4.85',10008,1)
    WAIT 1 {SEND_STRING dvLCD,"$0D,$0A"}
    WAIT 2 {SEND_STRING dvLCD,"$0D,$0A"}
    WAIT 3 {SEND_STRING 0:dvLCD.PORT:0,"'POWR0001',$0D,$0A"}
    WAIT 4 {IP_CLIENT_CLOSE(dvLCD.PORT)}

//power off
    IP_CLIENT_OPEN(dvLCD.PORT,'10.34.4.85',10008,1)
    WAIT 1 {SEND_STRING dvLCD,"$0D,$0A"}
    WAIT 2 {SEND_STRING dvLCD,"$0D,$0A"}
    WAIT 3 {SEND_STRING 0:dvLCD.PORT:0,"'POWR0000',$0D,$0A"}
    WAIT 4 {IP_CLIENT_CLOSE(dvLCD.PORT)}

//koozoo MAEDA
  • DavidRDavidR Posts: 62
    I've managed to turn off a set via telnet (port 10002) however I cannot turn it back on... The manual states to send 'RSPW2 ' for ip control which i have done. it says ERR when I send RSPW2 however it says OK when I send RSPW1. it also says OK when I send POWR0 but then the connection goes dead.

Any ideas? the set is reporting the most up to date software rev.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    With the previous firmware, you must send RSPW2 while the set is turned on and it will repond with OK.

If the set cannot establish a connection to Sharp's update server, it will respond that no update is necessary.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 209
    Good ol' Sharp. Still using RSPW command. At least they haven't changed.
  • DavidRDavidR Posts: 62
    I did a power cycle on the TV and its working now... for some reason turning off the TV via IP does not turn off the Sharp logo and it seems to be in a standby mode. A 'on' command causes the image to appear almost instantly. I have success with sending the strings exactly as they are with serial... with spaces and not zeros like in a earlier post. login and password is not required.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    There is a setting in the menus for the logo.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk