Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

TCP/IP STRING FORMAT to NCD RELAY PROCESSOR

Hey Everyone,

I bought a relay controller from www.controlanything.com, with a DIGI ethernet module used to convert IP to serial commands....to activate the relays on the board you should send 3 bytes string ,for ex: 245 108 1 ,this command will trigger the first relay in the first bank, when i tried to send the command from a TCP/IP software used to send data packets it works perfectly all what you have to do is to set the IP address and the port of the controller , normally it accept HEX and decimal data format, the i tried to send it from AMX NI 2100 processor :send_string pdvrelay, "$02,'245 108 1',$03" and alot for unsucceded format tries ,can somebody help me and suggest a solution ,it will be really appreciated because this Relay module cost me 700$ !!!!!!!
Thanks Guys,

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    AMX Leb wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I bought a relay controller from www.controlanything.com, with a DIGI ethernet module used to convert IP to serial commands....to activate the relays on the board you should send 3 bytes string ,for ex: 245 108 1 ,this command will trigger the first relay in the first bank, when i tried to send the command from a TCP/IP software used to send data packets it works perfectly all what you have to do is to set the IP address and the port of the controller , normally it accept HEX and decimal data format, the i tried to send it from AMX NI 2100 processor :send_string pdvrelay, "$02,'245 108 1',$03" and alot for unsucceded format tries ,can somebody help me and suggest a solution ,it will be really appreciated because this Relay module cost me 700$ !!!!!!!
    Thanks Guys,
    Your example is HEX and ascii. Maybe you could try "$02,245,108,1,$03" instead of "$02,'245 108 1',$03"
  • Options
    Actually i tried this before but it did'nt works ,thanks for you. but really i can't undersand, tcp/ip softwares works fine so where is the bug in this type of comuniication between AMX and and the DIGI module ?!?!?!
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    AMX Leb wrote: »
    Actually i tried this before but it did'nt works ,thanks for you. but really i can't undersand, tcp/ip softwares works fine so where is the bug in this type of comuniication between AMX and and the DIGI module ?!?!?!

Are you opening the socket in code and ensuring you're "online" before sending your string.