Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

TPI-PRO-DVI and ELO Touch (APR)

Does any body know if a TPI-PRO-DVI works with a EloTouch Monitor 1519L (with Acoustic Pulse Recognition (APR) technology)
This monitor has got just a USB connector.
I tryed all possible Touch Input Drivers.

Firmware TPI: v2.6.36
Driver TPI: v2.5.9

or can AMX load driverupdate ?

Thanks for help.
Tom

Comments

• If the monitor is recognized as a Human Interface Device when you plug it into a PC it should work.

IIRC you actually generally don't want to select a driver for a USB touch monitor. The first time I used a USB touch monitor (it was a Planar monitor) I made the mistake of trying to select a driver and had to call tech support to figure out where I went wrong. I think you have to power cycle the TPIPro to get a USB monitor to work if you've selected a driver.
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    In the past when I've had USB touch screens that the TPI-PRO-DVIs didn't support out of the box I've found that AMX have had firmware/driver kit updates that were not yet public release which supported those monitors. I seem to recall some discussion about them being to add drivers for monitors if you shipped them one of the monitors too, but that was a fair while ago.

I'd say you should get in touch with tech support.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I installed an Elo 1729L Accu Touch USB on a TPI-Pro a few months ago, connected the USB cable and it worked fine.
  • The TPI-PROs will not support the Elo panels with APR. The APR displays require special acoustic processing algorithms that were proprietary for Elo and cannot be implemented in the AMX product.
  • Thanks for your help.
    One and only solution:
    Order a new ELO Touch with Intellitouch overlay

Cheers
    Thomas