Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Strange TP problem

I have a rather odd issue with a NXD-500 touch panel. I load up the TPD design, and it displays fine on the screen and operates as would be expected. However, as soon as it is connected to the control system, some icons and text disappear completely. The text and icons that remain continue to function as expected. Has anybody else encountered such a problem?

Comments

• You could tell the master not to run the code by setting the correct dip switch then reboot it. This will tell you if the buttons and text are being changed by your code.

If not, I would look at the TP file and be sure that none of the buttons are set to the system port (0).

Other than that my only other recommendation would be to remove all user pages and do a fresh full upload of the TP file.
  • It is the same design that is uploaded to two other panels on the system that don't have any of the same issues, so I'm unsure as to why the master would mess around with the one but not the others.
    I will try perform those steps and hopefully they resolve the issue, thank you!
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Now that you describe more of your system, the troubleshooting options appear.
    Trade device numbers for the troubled panel and one that works. If the previously good panel behaves badly at the same device address as the "bad" one, it's being TOLD to do that... somehow... and not the panel's fault. If the "good" one is just as good at the "bad" address, and the "badness" stays with the "bad" panel no matter what address, the results should be clear.

By the way, your user name here is a bit off-putting....