Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Denon 4310 Sleep Question

Hello - Quick newbie question. I am controlling a Denon Receiver via RS232. It has a sleep protocol that works with the main zone (SLP*** (***=time, 010=10min)) In the documentation it says it will also work for zones also (e.g. Z3SLP***) however I am unable to get this to work. I would like to set up a 'Timer/wait' of (30,60,90) for zone 3 what would the best way be since the Z3 protocol does not seem to work. I was thinking on the lines of Z3PWON, WAIT x, Z3PWOFF. Is 30m, 60m, 90m considered too long?

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    While I'm not sure about the Denon issue, might suggest that youo handle a zone sleep timer in code. Then you could really setup a cool functionality for the user.

E
  • Options
    Hi Eric, Thanks for the quick reply. The user would be me and that's exactly what I was thinking. Nothing extravagant just 3 buttons 30,60 & 90. A press (button x= 30min) would turn on Zone 3, set the source and leave on for 30min then power off after 30 min. I'm not sure how to handle that though.

Paul
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Well,
    There are a couple basic ideas.
    One is a simple wait from a button push. After the wait passes, run a power-down routine.

The second is a timeline. A timeline allows for more sophisticated programming and control. I would choose this method myself (and do for all things 'timer-ish')

Since you a noob you might want to stick with the WAIT for now until you've got a few more systems under your belt. The help file for the TINELINE is not overly helpful in my opinion.

Hope that helps.
    E
  • Options
    Thanks Eric, went with the WAIT and it seems to be working so far without a hitch. Will check out the TIMELINE to see how that works when I get the chance. Thanks Again.

Paul
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Well,
    There are a couple basic ideas.
    One is a simple wait from a button push. After the wait passes, run a power-down routine.

The second is a timeline. A timeline allows for more sophisticated programming and control. I would choose this method myself (and do for all things 'timer-ish')

Since you a noob you might want to stick with the WAIT for now until you've got a few more systems under your belt. The help file for the TINELINE is not overly helpful in my opinion.

Hope that helps.
    E
  • Options
    OK, so everything works with the WAIT. My current GUI set up is 3 buttons (15,30,60) with a Static Digital Clock for the background (see attachment #1) Is it possible to have a bargraph (see attachment #2) to show time remaining or worst case just a timer somewhere on the GUI to show time remaining.

Thanks,

Paul
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Yeah, you can do any or all of those things but it would be best to use a timeline instead of a wait then. With a timeline you can set the run time so the timeline event runs every second to update your count down timer or bargraph. With a bargraph you could update less frequently if desired.

You can use ^GLH (?) to set your bargraph high level to match the scale needed for your timers time or leave the barograph alone and scale you levels in code.

With a timeline just set a var for the timer selected and decrement this var on every trigger of the timeline event and when the time reaches 0 send your command to the Denon and kill the timeline.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response Vining, always helpful as usual. I have yet to attempt my first bargraph so am not very familiar with the code. As it is for my personal setup I might start off with the Timeline with the countdown in the bottom corner. I have done some research on Timelines and am not quite sure I have the hang of it, is there a code sample that you could provide that might help me along the way, much appreciated. Just off the top of my head if I pressed the (15) Button to start the timeline for 15 min do I need a text box to show the countdown for the timer (0:15:00). Sorry if this is AMX 101.

Thanks,

Paul