Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Servicing an old Axcent3

Hi guys,

ok so I'm working on making some changes to a customer's existing Axcent3. I can't upload the new program to the Axcent3 with NS3.3. It always fails. Front port/rear port - its the same. I CAN however upload stuff like new IR files with NS3.3

Bugger, so I fire up old DOS AXCESSX to open/compile and upload the new program in.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Cheers,
Brian

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    This is an Axcess program correct?
  • Options
    yup :-) compiled as Axcess.
  • Options
    Is the program mapped to device 0 or 1?

I think it has to be addressed to device 1 on Axxess systems. I was having the same issue not too long ago working on a Axcent3 system as well.

I guess that's what I get for not jumping on the AMX bandwagon until Netlinx was in full swing.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I still have a few Axcent projects out there that the customers are unwilling as yet to upgrade, and never had any problem connecting with NS3. Did you check the dip switches? Maybe the baud rate got changed accidentally. I once had one go bad that way though ... couldn't connect by any means, even though it still worked otherwise.
  • Options
    yes, some customers like to spend the minimum. but that's another story.

This Axcent3 has no DIP switches as far as I could see. The internal lithium batteries tested fine with my multimeter. I was able to set the bauds ok using AXCESSX. Device number is 1. Is there any known downward-incompatibility between our latest NS version and the really old stuff? Wierd since the IR codes downloaded just fine.

Brian
  • Options
    We talked to tech support yesterday. There is a issue using the latest studio with accent processors.

We were told for the time being you have to use File Transfer 2.

They are supposedly fixing it.
  • Options
    Ah!! Thanks for that! Did you encounter a similar problem and called Tech?
  • Options
    pdavis41 wrote: »
    We talked to tech support yesterday. There is a issue using the latest studio with accent processors.

We were told for the time being you have to use File Transfer 2.

They are supposedly fixing it.

Thanks for posting the answer.
    I guess it's a good thing I haven't upgraded yet.
  • Options
    Try File Transfer 2

I had to use File Transfer 2 for some old Axcent3 controllers.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There was a hotfix for the NS transfer. When I called it in, they gave me the login to an FTP site so I could just grab it.
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 209
    I ran into the same issue. TS had me go to the ftp site and download the NS exe file. It raised me to version 600.