Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NI-3100 RS-232 password

Hi there,
I have had a brief look on this forum and it appears if a password is set on the RS-232 interface and it is forgotten the unit needs to be send to AMX for "resetting".
When our problematic unit was installed it was done by another company, who have maintained they never set any password. We are unable to access the device by any of the other means.
Am I correct in assuming the RS-232 interface does not have a password set initially by default? If it does have one to start with is there a default one and would someone be happy to divulge it?
Many thanks,
Bezkarl

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    It's a long shot but you might try seeing if you can access the master's security settings via its web page. The security settings are fairly granular in that you can have different settings for the program port and web portal for example.

It's worth a try.
  • Options
    Thanks- unfortunately the web access is a no go also.
  • Options
    From what I have been told, once the password is set (it is not set by default) the only way to get it cleared is to send it to AMX to get it wiped. There is no user way to clear it.
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    If they say that they never set any passwords, is it possible that the telnet server is available? Assuming, of course, that you can figure out what the IP settings of the thing are. Or connect NS via ethernet.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help- I can easily get the IP details, so will check if telnet is accessible.