Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

RTI and AMX Integration

Hello,

I see a number of dealers have done this in the past, and we just finished our first one - and I am having an issue and wanted to get some other peoples feedback on it.

We have an RTI U2 using the AMXRF trigger codes from RTI to talk to an AXR-RF. The system works pretty well, but sometimes it receives the wrong channel code, by 1. For example a code 24 may be received as a code 25. This is especially frustrating when it is volume or channel up and down which are next to each other, and it goes the wrong way.

It seems to improve after rebooting the receiver, but creeps back in. Has anyone else seen this particular issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    We've done this for years and I can say that we've never had that problem. I've seen quite a bit of interference on the RF receiver before, but it has never changed the value of the outputted signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    I'm catching up on a bunch of forum reading and figured I'd chime in on an old thread.

I used a U2 and AMX 433 gateway and had similar issues. I traced it back to the position of my gateway. It was in the ceiling near other rf gear (wifi and telephone receiver) as well as being on top of a light balast. I'm not sure what the culprit was but moving it away from that location made it stop.

It was strange. Everything was coming across as an even channel. 1=2 and 2=2........
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    sphere27 wrote: »
    1=2 and 2=2........
    Only the first of these is true.

Let a = b
    Therefore a^2 = a*b
    Therefore a^2 + a^2 = a^2 + (a*b)
    Therefore 2(a^2) = a^2 + (a*b)
    Therefore 2(a^2) - 2(a*b) = a^2 + (a*b) - 2(a*b)
    Therefore 2(a^2) - 2(a*b) = a^2 - (a*b)

Another way to write 2(a^2) - 2(a*b) is 2 * (a^2 - (a*b))
    Another way to write a^2 - (a*b) is 1 * (a^2 - (a*b))

So 1 * (a^2 - (a*b)) = 2 * (a^2 - (a*b))

Divide both sides by (a^2 - (a*b))
    Hardcore proof that 1 == 2.
    If 1 equals 2, it cannot also equal 1. That's just crazy talk.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    mpullin wrote: »
    Divide both sides by (a^2 - (a*b))

What is a=0? Then you are dividing by zero, and we all know what happens when you do that. Somewhere a kitten dies.
    Paul
  • Options
    I KNEW I should have written a better explanation.

In the scenario I experienced when the RTI remote triggered AMX RF code for channel 1 the gateway would recieve it as a 2. When the RTI sent a 2 the gateway received it correctly as 2. When RTI sent a 3 it was recieved as a 4 and when it sent a 4 it was received as a 4.

So all the odd channels were getting bumped up to the next channel number.

It didn't happen all the time but when I moved the gateway it stopped happening altogether.