Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Pioneer BDP-LX53 Blu-ray player

Anyone knows if this is rs232 controllable player?
And if so where can i find the codes?

tnx

Alan

Comments

• Options
    Hi Alan,

i don't know this player as hardware but from a little search in the pioneer sites i found a lot of info. It seems it has RS-232 port and for the protocol you can use one of the other pioneer BD players. Try starting with the manual of BDP-LX53.

Link for ManuaL:
    http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/manuals/BDP-LX53/index.html

Link for protocol:
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Home-Entertainment-Custom-Install/RS-232+&+IP+Codes/Blu-ray+Disc+&+DVD+Players

Kostas
  • Options
    thanks for a quick replay.

quote from manual: "RS-232C terminal (BDP-LX53 only) The terminal is not used."

found it before posting here. was hoping that someone had some experience with this model.

alan
  • Options
    try the IP connection if the RS-232 does not work. But i believe it will work...
  • Options
    TechFreakTechFreak Posts: 39
    No RS232 control

I tried to implement RS232 on this player using the commands from the Pioneer website. Only some of the commands would work correctly, the Power On never worked, but the Power Off did. After 2 hours of wasting time, I changed it to IR and called it a day.
  • Options
    jimmywjimmyw Posts: 112
    TechFreak wrote: »
    I tried to implement RS232 on this player using the commands from the Pioneer website. Only some of the commands would work correctly, the Power On never worked, but the Power Off did. After 2 hours of wasting time, I changed it to IR and called it a day.

I cant recommend highly enough the Yamaha BDA-1010, it shoots out a upnp broadcast beacon, and you send commands with POST PUT, lets you do high speed scrubbing from a panel (direct time jumps), and all sorts of other cool stuff, getting your hands on the protocol is as easy as making a call, or I have a decent module I tossed together, I know its missing some stuff.
    Also, the yamaha RXA-?010 series protocol is almost identical, and lets you do pandora station creation, streaming, meta data, to multiple zone outs, network play(samba), upnp play, usb play, etc etc etc
    the cheat sheet of commands for the bda is about 89 commands, the RXA has over 1,300 available.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    TechFreak wrote: »

I've had this with several Pioneer disc players. They apparently changed something since the documents were releasesd, and the discrete power functions don't work at all ... in either RS-232 or IP. I don't know if there is an IR discrete or not. What I have resorted to doing is polling the power state every 5 seconds, and just using the toggle based on what comes back.