Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

RIP Steve Jobs

Probably not entirely appropriate for the forum...

But surely Steve Jobs has had an influence on most of us in the programming community and is deserving of a mention.

He has had an amazing influence on me as a music producer and me as a programmer. His passion and brilliance will be missed.

Rest in peace Steve. :(

Comments

• Options
    Amen! Amen! Amen!
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Its sad that he went so young. Had it not been for illness, who knows what he would have been able to accomplish in the next couple of decades?
    Paul
  • Options
    banobano Posts: 173
    Eric,

This entirely appropriate. This man is an icon of modern technology and his accomplishments should be acknowledged and celebrated by all who have benefited from his contributions. Thanks for the post Eric.
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Probably not entirely appropriate for the forum...

But surely Steve Jobs has had an influence on most of us in the programming community and is deserving of a mention.

He has had an amazing influence on me as a music producer and me as a programmer. His passion and brilliance will be missed.

Rest in peace Steve. :(
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/05/steve-jobs-in-his-own-words/

A good read and the commencement speech at the bottom of the page is worth listening to.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Steve was an inspriration to all techies and to everyone who isn't afraid to think for themselves.