Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Feature Requests
Options

PC Based version for Dealers Only

2»

Comments

• Options
    the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    Posts that condone/support/promote use of a product that is not approved by AMX, will be edited/removed from the Touch Panel Control forum.
    We promote discussion on relevant subject matter, however the Touch Panel Control forum is not the place for promotion of non-approved products.
    As such, you will find posts within these forums will be edited and/or removed that are deemed to condone, promote or support non-approved products.

That sounds fair to me. Thanks for the heads up before jumping in and deleting posts without notice.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Posts that condone/support/promote use of a product that is not approved by AMX, will be edited/removed from the Touch Panel Control forum.
    We promote discussion on relevant subject matter, however the Touch Panel Control forum is not the place for promotion of non-approved products.
    As such, you will find posts within these forums will be edited and/or removed that are deemed to condone, promote or support non-approved products.
    So if we want to discuss iRidium, Cre$tron, Vaux switches, Extron, Global Cache, RTI, Moxa, Digi, Savant...... products we should stay off the TPC sub forum or off the AMX forums all together? Is that even if the end result is to create a better AMX system or to sell more AMX systems by incorporating less expensive devices where it makes better sense?

Where does one go to get the list of what is approved or specifically not approved? Should we just assume we can't favorably discuss any products that might compete with AMX at any level.

Should we adopt the philosphy that if we can't beat them or if they take away any portion of AMX's market share we'll censor them and pretend they don't exist.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    I think you are over reacting. This is the sub forum for TPC, and they pretty clearly stated what they will do here in this sub forum.
  • Options
    The goals of Tpc and Tpc sub forum are as follows:

- to make AMX users happy with such type of soft
    - to increase AMX market/AMX sales

If the goals are not achieved by tpc, AMX users will not be happy and AMX sales will go down.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Vasiliy wrote: »
    The goals of Tpc and Tpc sub forum are as follows:

- to make AMX users happy with such type of soft
    - to increase AMX market/AMX sales

I looked and can't find those posted by TPC as their goals.
    I would suppose their goals are to have a successful product, and for their participation in the forum to help in making it successful. I don't think they should be required to permit discussion of their competition in their sub forum. It's obvious by the content in other forums within the AMX system here, it's permitted to discuss literally any product, somewhere. When under their roof, we can respect their wishes.