Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Connectors for Netlinx Controllers

Greetings,

Could someone please tell me the manufacturer and series for the smaller connectors used on Netlinx controllers. I need to replace some missing ones on an NI and an NXI.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Hi TurnipTruck
    Check out phenoix(?-I think the spelling is wrong but you know the bird that sets itself on fire every 500 years and is reborn from the ashes.) I usually get my connectors from my local electronics dealer.
  • Options
    Connectors for Netlinx Controllers

The connectors are called mini-Phoenix connectors but I have yet to find an external supplier for them although perhaps someone else knows where they can be obtained outside of AMX. I order them from AMX since all of the connectors are sold seprately and have their own finished good numbers. For example, the 2-pin mini-Phoenix for PSN6.5 power supplies (also works for IR connections) has a part number of FG41-5025 and costs $2.10 (dealer) the last time I ordered. You can get the part numbers from your rep and order them from AMX if you can't find an alternative outside supplier like Thomas has found. We don't have any good electronics suppliers in our area and I have not found an online dealer that carries the parts.

Reese
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Not all mini-Phoenix connectors are created equal. Specifically, they are available with different pin spacing. I have a collection of connectors I can't use for AMX boxes that were leftover from some product I don't even remember - but they won't plug in, the connectors are just a millimeter farther apart and won't go in the socket. So if you are ordering them third-party, be careful you get the right spacing.

I twisted some arms in purchasing to get me a dozen of each configuration, and two dozen of the two-pin connectors (for IR) to have as spares. I am also careful to collect and hang on to any leftovers. For example, I have lots of two-pin green connectors becasue all the masters come with one for the power, and the power supplies come with them as well. You can make up any configuration you like in a pinch with the two-pin plugs. Any time a controller gets trashed (very rare, but it happens), I scavenge the connectors. Sometimes I will scavenge unused connectors from an in-service controller, if I know for a fact they will never be needed, but more often I leave them, just in case.
  • Options
    bobbob Posts: 296
    I am getting those connectors (both the regular and the mini phoenix style) locally from an electronics shop and they cost less then a dollar (retail prce). They are made by a german manufacturer called WAGO (http://www.wago.com/) and the build quality is way better then those connectors from AMX directly (plastic hardness, fit in quality, etc). There also is at least one american company producing them, but I can't remember the name right out of my head. Will try to look it up.

Greetings,
    Bob.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I have since found out that the connectors are made by Weco. The two-pole version is the 110-A-111/02.

Phoenix Contact also has a similar part of which they are sending me a sample.
  • Options
    tom goeztom goez Posts: 75
    Connectors

Almost all of the larger parts distributors sell them:

Allied
    Newark
    Mouser
    and many others

They are made by Phoenix (the original) and WECO.

The older Axcent size is 5.08mm and the smaller size is 3.5mm

If you purchase them from the above vendors, they are about half the price of AMX.

If you need part numbers, let me know.
  • Options
    aldousaldous Posts: 35
    Hi Tom,

I want to buy some connectors for a NXI but I can't find the part number from WECO. Could you give me the part number, please?

Thanks very much,
    Aldous
  • Options
    tom goeztom goez Posts: 75
    WECO Connectors

I don't have the WECO numbers, but I do have a list of Phoenix numbers you can get from Mouser Electronics.

Tom
  • Options
    aldousaldous Posts: 35
    Thanks very much Tom.

Aldous