Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Unresponsive MVP-8400i

I have a MVP-8400i that has already been in for service twice for being unresponsive. It requires the batteries to be removed and then reinstalled to get it to work. This works for awhile and then it becomes unresponsive again. It just came back from service and it has a new CF and the current firmware. Anyone have any similar issues and even better any resolution? It seems as though AMX doesn't know what's wrong and my client is getting pretty ticked at this point. This has been ongoing since around December. Sending it back in again seems rather pointless.

Comments

• Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 209
    Is the unit in a spot where it stays unconnected to the master for long periods of time?
    I have seen MVPs lock up after being disconnect from the master over night.
    old post here http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?7879-MVP-8400-locking-up-daily&highlight=mvp
  • Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    Don't know how you found that thread I did a search and found nothing.

Anyway the problem is a true lockup of the panel. Can't get into setup, doesn't page flip, etc. Panel is also near the access point so WiFi is not the issue. The log does not show lots of online/offline events. The referenced thread mentions replacing the CF and as I stated that was done. Same problem.

Thanks for the link though.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm curious about this because I've had it happen several times to me ... but in all cases, it was a once-in-a-great-while kind of event, not a regular problem. I was never able to nail down a definite pattern.
  • Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    glr-fti wrote: »
    Don't know how you found that thread I did a search and found nothing.

Anyway the problem is a true lockup of the panel. Can't get into setup, doesn't page flip, etc. Panel is also near the access point so WiFi is not the issue. The log does not show lots of online/offline events. The referenced thread mentions replacing the CF and as I stated that was done. Same problem.

Thanks for the link though.

Is the panel online whilst it is locked up?
    If so can you telnet or VNC to it?

The reason I ask is that I had the same problem with a panel that had an intermittent touch overlay.
    When it was faulty I could VNC into it and use it or telnet into it and reboot it.
    It was an older 8400 and it had the overlay and CF card replaced and a board mod.
    It's been good as new since.
  • Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    The panel is not online so no Telnet or VNC.