Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

G4Webcontrol and Windows 7 64bits

Has anyone managed to have the G4WebControl work under Windows 7 64 bits? I tried so many times loading the ActiveX controls but no luck. After the ActiveX loading, I just get a balack screen. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    You may or may not get it to work, but why not just use VNC and not have to go through the Netlinx to get it?
    TIGHTVNC is free and is ideal. It talks directly to the panels IP address, so you have to arrange more port management on your router to do it from outside by the internet, but it's worth the improved speed and versatility.
  • Options
    Try updating all of the TPDesign software, including G4 PanelPreview and G4 support files. I haven't had any issues with running G4 PanelPreview on my Windows 7 64-bit machine.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It's not just a Win7 problem, G4 web Control hasn't worked reliably in any flavor of Windows for years. There was a security patch that killed it, and AMX never did anything on their end to get it working again. I've been using VNC since. In addition to TightVNC, there is also UltraVNC as a free option.