Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

DayLight saving time

Anyone has a solution to avoid me to change my dTmTzGmtOffset variable each time the DST change to or from winter time?

During summer I set my variable to -4 and during winter to -5 (north america eastern time)

Thanks!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    I'm not sure if this is what you want but you can set your DLS rules in your master.
    It is documented in the AMX Web Console Programming Guide

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    If your controler has internet access, why don't you setup the automatic NST client in it ? so it's always on time :D You can access that feature from the web server of the NetLinx master !

Vincèn
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I generally prefer to use i!-TimeManager (from the Solutions section of the AMX site) because it has built-in triggers for sunrise, sunset, etc.
  • Options
    I use i!-TimeManager.

I can't acces my controller with Web Access or VNC Viewer for more than a year.

When I try to connect to controller via Web Browser, the webconsole appears but when I click on any button, nothing appens, my controller freeze and I need to reboot.

When I try to connect via VNC, I receive an error (enable to find...) and the controller freeze again and I need to reboot.

All my firmwares are up to date.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I generally prefer to use i!-TimeManager (from the Solutions section of the AMX site) because it has built-in triggers for sunrise, sunset, etc.
    Why use an external solution ? sunrise, sunset already exists as function in NetLinx language, no need to add some external dependencies ;) These features have been added in NetLinx when they pulled out of market Phast products (a little of history) as Phast equipments had these features natively in software to program them.

Vincèn
  • Options
    vincen wrote: »
    Why use an external solution ? sunrise, sunset already exists as function in NetLinx language, no need to add some external dependencies ;) These features have been added in NetLinx when they pulled out of market Phast products (a little of history) as Phast equipments had these features natively in software to program them.

Vincèn

Wich command do you use?
  • Options
    Anyone has an idea why my controller freeze each time I try to access with Webconsole or VNC Viewer?
  • Options
    Wich command do you use?
    the magic command ;) "ASTRO_CLOCK"
  • Options
    the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    vincen wrote: »
    the magic command ;) "ASTRO_CLOCK"

I just learned something. That is good to know, and it means I wont have to rely on Vantage or Lutron to trigger sunrise/sunset automation events anymore.
  • Options
    the8thst wrote: »
    I just learned something. That is good to know, and it means I wont have to rely on Vantage or Lutron to trigger sunrise/sunset automation events anymore.
    the netlinx.axi file included in NetLinx Studio lists all these "magic" keywords that are not really documented ;)

Vincèn
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    the8thst wrote: »

There was iTimeManager before they came out with the built in functions so it was always possible to do with Netlinx.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I started using i!-TimeManager before there was anything built into the NetLinx ... and you can't really call it third party when AMX supplied it, now can you? There were a bunch of problems in the early life cycle of the clock manager, and after that ... well, I guess just habit kept me using it. I suppose I ought to look again at the clock manager and related commands.