Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

ISCLan Device Control Boxes Device IDs

According to the manual for the new ISCLan devices the default Device ID is a dynamic ID received from the master.

I’ve got some EXB-IRS4s coming in for a job. I assume I should set static device IDs and I’m wondering if there is any type of standard device numbering scheme for these units that I should follow.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    You should be able to map them exactly the same as any IR output device. We're talking about the AMX address that equates to an AXLINK address... we'd map an AXLINK IRS4 box to the 150-250 range in our system, so we'll do the same with the new boxes. Your range may vary of course. I don't know what range will be legal for these, I would guess they aren't limited to 256 addresses like the boxes with dip switches. The dynamic ID will probably be 32000 something like it is for any undefined connection (like NETLINX STUDIO itself).
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    As a follow up, I got this response from tech support:

I’ve seen people addressing them in the 5000 range consecutively after their master 5001 address but it is arbitrary, there hasn’t been any official recommendations made to my knowledge.
  • Options
    the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    As a follow up, I got this response from tech support:

I’ve seen people addressing them in the 5000 range consecutively after their master 5001 address but it is arbitrary, there hasn’t been any official recommendations made to my knowledge.

This is what I hvae been doing with them.