Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

DVX-3150HD

Just wondering if anyone has their hands on the new DVX-3150HD yet? I am looking at these for medium sized rooms and would like to hear about them from the programmer side.

Comments

• Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Haven't managed to get any hands on time with the DVX-3150 yet, but I can provide a bit of feedback about the DVX-2100's if you're interested. Given that they're meant to be closely related it may be useful.

The 2100s seem to have a problem acquiring signals which weren't present when you switched to an input. For example if a user changes resolution on a laptop connected to the 2100 via a digital connection, you appear to need to switch to a different input and then back to get the 2100 to acquire the image.

Another example is when a user switches on a system and selects an input with a set top box on switched power connected to it before the set top box has finished booting up and started displaying an image. The image from the set top box will never be shown by the 2100 until the user switches away and back again.

Not sure if there is a setting or later firmware which corrects this behaviour; we haven't moved too many of them and it hasn't proven to be an issue where we have put them in.

As for AMX's claims of on board DSP on the 3150, it seems to be pretty limited from what I've seen so far at trade events.
  • Options
    thanks, good to know. I beta tested the 2100 just before they came out and found many like issues too.