Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NXD-7 Panel white screen after failed Firmware upload

HI
My firmware upload failed and now the 7" Panel shows a white screen upon bootup
I cannot access the setup screen. This occured after the firmware upload stopped for no reason.
Any ideas to factory reset it somehow?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    Have you re-powered the panel?
    I had a similar problem the other day, re-powering fixed the issue.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    This has happened to me personally and to one of our dealers.... if it fails during firmware load, part of the panel can be affected that prevents a new connection. Changing the flash card with a good panel can sometimes bring it back, but if it does not, it has to be returned for reset by AMX by some means they don't explain... and at the flat rate of $500 for out of warranty repair, it's tragic. Small consolation, but the reason for the transfer failure is likely to be bad memory, not just a random network interruption.
  • Options
    John Nagy wrote: »
    This has happened to me personally and to one of our dealers.... if it fails during firmware load, part of the panel can be affected that prevents a new connection. Changing the flash card with a good panel can sometimes bring it back, but if it does not, it has to be returned for reset by AMX by some means they don't explain... and at the flat rate of $500 for out of warranty repair, it's tragic.

One important note here, if you swap CF cards the card MUST have the same firmware version.
    There is an EEPROM on touch panels boards that is flashed when the firmware is upgraded.
    If the EEPROM and the CF have different versions you can have spurious results.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Good point. It is the state of the eeprom that causes the non-recoverable-even-with-card-swap white screen of death. You can't address the eeprom unless you have connection access, you can't have connection access without a happy eeprom. Thus the RMA.
  • Options
    joecjoec Posts: 55
    Thanks guys. The $500 is not worth it since they are selling used for less. I also have 2 modero 8400 that don't charge anymore either. At least I got a good few years out of the panels.
  • Options
    joec wrote: »
    Thanks guys. The $500 is not worth it since they are selling used for less. I also have 2 modero 8400 that don't charge anymore either. At least I got a good few years out of the panels.

A new CF card may fix it.
    You can do it yourself, it quite easy.
    It's worth a shot since cards are so cheap.