Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

PowerPoint Slide Advance

Greetings,

I would like to give the ability to advance PowerPoint slides from Netlinx. I know there was an Integration release a while ago, but as i remember, it doesn't support newer versions of PowerPoint.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Windows serial keys
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Brallen wrote: »
    Windows serial keys

Does Serial Keys still work in the later versions of Windows?
  • Options
    jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    I'd probably start with something like Girder that can be set up to trigger key presses and other automation over the network.
  • Options
    jweather wrote: »
    I'd probably start with something like Girder that can be set up to trigger key presses and other automation over the network.

Have you worked with Girder before? It is relatively easy to get remote key presses up and running?
  • Options
    Does Serial Keys still work in the later versions of Windows?

Ohh good point, I'm not sure if serialkeys works in windows 7.
  • Options
    jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Have you worked with Girder before? It is relatively easy to get remote key presses up and running?

Not personally, but I've seen it recommended repeatedly. SerialKeys appears to be Windows 2000 only according to Microsoft's KB article.
  • Options
    jweather wrote: »
    Not personally, but I've seen it recommended repeatedly. SerialKeys appears to be Windows 2000 only according to Microsoft's KB article.

The Win Vista accessibility info page has a couple of alternatives, I havent tried either but the AAC keys program seems to be suitable. It is free to download but they do ask for a donation to the AAC Institute.

The other was buried in the website, but SKEYS also implements the same basic command structure as AAC Keys.
  • Options
    Sounds like iPCLink-Web would work well.
    http://www.amx.com/products/i!-PCLink-Web.asp
  • Options
    PHSJason wrote: »
    Sounds like iPCLink-Web would work well.

As I remember that only works up to PowerPoint 2003???
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    As I remember that only works up to PowerPoint 2003???

PowerPoint specific functionality will only work up to PP2003 and i!-PCLink PowerPoint has been discontinued as a result. But Windows keyboard/mouse events etc. generated from i!-PCLink Web should still work, so it's likely that a solution can be found using PCLink Web.