Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Lab Gruppen/Lake processor/amp control?

Anyone had success controlling the Lab Gruppen PLM series amps or LM series processors over IP? There is a very lengthy protocol manual, and an example C++ source file and compiled application, but I can't seem to get Netlinx to talk to the things. Admittedly, I've never used anything that required UDP, so I could be doing something wrong, but I've spent a few days playing with it and can't get it to even respond with an error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

Comments

• Options
    Update -- I am successfully controlling multiple amps, pretty difficult protocol, but with some time and wireshark, I have figured it out. Now my question is: How do you write a module for something like this?

The control is UDP to a given port (6015) to each amp/processor's IP. The feedback from the amps is UDP on another port, and all multicast, so feedback from all amps comes back to the same buffer. I can sort this because each amp has a unique 64 bit ID, but how do you put that in a module?

Typically I would have one module, with an instance for each amp, but then how do you handle feedback? I'm assuming you can't have multiple modules running that all listen to the same multicast UDP port right?

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm trying to get this installed in a job before the end of the year. If I have to just hard code (not modularized) the control for this particular project, I still want to develop a module for these, as we will likely use lots of them.

Thanks,
    Don
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I'd just make the module's virtual device setup for multiple ports. Port 1 is the control port. Ports 2thru whatever are amps 1 thru whatever.
  • Options
    Solved it, although probably not the most elegant or efficient way to make it work. Created a separate instance for each amp, and passed a DEV to the module telling it what device to listen to for feedback. Defined that device in the main program, and passed the same one to each module, so each one has its own buffer. It looks at the incoming responses, looks for its own 64 bit ID, and ignores replies that don't have it.
  • Options
    LAB gruppen control module

Hi Don,

i just read your post regarding your LAB Gruppen control module. Possibly i have a Project with the Need of Controlling LAB Gruppen IPD Series Amps. are you willing to post you module or sell it?

thanks
    Alex