Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

NI-3100 RS-232 issue

Hi,
After I update the firmware for my master 3100, all my rs-232 feedbacks stopped.
My rx is blinking but I can't see any information in Diagnostic or panel. Previously everything was working fine :(
Tks for you help

PS: I'm already tried reset factory and clean disk.

Comments

• Options
    nielsynielsy Posts: 32
    Can you also see in the online tree that your ports are still on 5001 ?
    Please check that...
  • Options
    CAPACAPA Posts: 8
    nielsy

Yes I can.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Sounds to me like the NI-X100 bad capacitor issue. Search the forum for 'capacitor' and you'll find the thread. You'll either need to send it in to have the cap changed out or do it yourself if you have that ability.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Did you also update the NI device firmware or just the master?

If I recall if it is the cap you should still see incoming traffic, your RX leds will flash if the connected devices provide unsolicated feedback and if the port is still config'd properly you should see the incoming data in diagnostics/debug. The cap only affects the TX side so me thinks maybe your dev firmware is out of synch with the master firmware or the port config parameters aren't initialized in there online events handlers and were reset by the frimware.
  • Options
    CAPACAPA Posts: 8
    vining
    vining wrote: »
    Did you also update the NI device firmware or just the master?

If I recall if it is the cap you should still see incoming traffic, your RX leds will flash if the connected devices provide unsolicated feedback and if the port is still config'd properly you should see the incoming data in diagnostics/debug. The cap only affects the TX side so me thinks maybe your dev firmware is out of synch with the master firmware or the port config parameters aren't initialized in there online events handlers and were reset by the frimware.

My Rx leds are flashing and I don't see nothing at diagnostic and all my devices have the latest firmwares.

I'm also tried send for each port parameters.
  • Options
    svTechsvTech Posts: 44
    Have you tried putting the master into pass-thru mode, giving you direct access to the 232 port? I forget the exact command from terminal, but that would tell you if the hardware is functioning or not.
  • Options
    johnnydjohnnyd Posts: 13
    All good suggestions mentioned previously.

We also had a similar issue after a firmware update right down to the ability to still see the ports in the online tree.

Turns out it was caused by the older addressing protocol where the d:p:s for RS232 port number 1 was referenced as 1:1:0 in the code.

Changing this to 5001:1:0 fixed the issue.