Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

controlling a Hall Research VSM-I-8-JAR16 to control output devices?

What I have is a Hall Research Genesis Matrix switcher that uses their URA-232 receivers connected at the output displays to receive VGA with audio and RS232 control to the Sharp LC-70LE734U displays. This is somehow suppose to send control strings to the displays over their CAT5e cable.

What I would like to know if anyone has some first hand experience with sending commands for serial communication with this product. I am able to control the matrix switcher but not able to control the Sharp displays that has the URA-232 connected to it.

My code looks something like this:

BUTTON_EVENT[dvTP1,73] //POWER OFF DISPLAY
{
PUSH:
{
TO[button.input]
SEND_STRING dvMATRIX,"'XC,7',$0D" //X CONNECT OUTPUT 7
SEND_STRING dvMATRIX,"'XT',$0D" //X TRANSMIT
SEND_STRING dvMATRIX,"'POWR0 ',$0D" //DISPLAY POWER OFF
SEND_STRING dvMATRIX,"$17,$0D" //END OF STRING
SEND_STRING dvMATRIX,"'XR',$0D" //X RECEIVE
SEND_STRING dvMATRIX,"'XB,4',$0D" //DISPLAY 9600 BAUD RATE
SEND_STRING dvMATRIX,"'XP,0',$0D" //DISPLAY PARITY NONE
}
}

I hope that this could be a simple fix.

Comments

• Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    playskool1 wrote: »
    What I have is a Hall Research Genesis Matrix switcher that uses their URA-232 receivers connected at the output displays to receive VGA with audio and RS232 control to the Sharp LC-70LE734U displays. This is somehow suppose to send control strings to the displays over their CAT5e cable.

What I would like to know if anyone has some first hand experience with sending commands for serial communication with this product. I am able to control the matrix switcher but not able to control the Sharp displays that has the URA-232 connected to it.

My code looks something like this:

I hope that this could be a simple fix.

I've not played with this dev specifically, but my first comment would be to get some delay between your strings. This may well be your problem as they're all trying to tx fundamentally at the same time. Either build a handler that does this for you or hard code some wait times in between. The latter is by no means the best way though - Particularly if other routines can send strings to the same dev.

I am also wondering why you send the baud after the power command, and also why you wouldn't place the baud settings in an online_event. I don't see the need to send the same config every time - unless there is some need in the protocol manual.

Hope there are some thoughts here that help.
  • Options
    I found out that the URA-232 receivers are defaulted and have a fixed baud rate of 19200. the displays that i am controlling are fixed at a 9600 baud rate.

the fix for this is to configure each of the URA-232 to enable the pass-thru option. once this is set, I wouldn't have to input the last three strings!

I haven't gotten back to the site but probably will sometime this week or the next to test this out and let you all know.

thanks for the extra tips BTW!