Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

MVP-9000i Wireless Problems

Hi,

Has anyone had a problem with an MVP-9000i Panel not connecting to a Wireless Network due to having a very noisy Wireless Environment?

I can use an iPad/iPhone and have no problems what so ever which leads me to assume the Wireless Chipset in the AMX Panels arent that great.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Dan

Comments

• Options
    rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    I can't say that I've had a similar problem, however in the readme for the latest firmware I have (2.53.39, which is slightly newer then the one currently available on the website) there are three known issues listed under wireless:

-- Dynamic WEP should not be used.
    -- Known issues with EAP_TTLS security
    -- There are still some situations where the Panel will disassociate from the access point, and not
    reconnect that are under investigation.

Its possible you're being affected by one of these, though I don't know if the last two existed in the version on the website (2.53.24) and just hadn't been discovered when they wrote the notes for that version, or if they were added between that version and the one I have (2.53.29)

-Ryan
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Try turning off 802.11N on your access point. I know on earlier generation panels, they couldn't connect at all with it present, but that may not be the case with the 9000 ... however, N does use a wider spectrum, and it could be causing your problem.
  • Options
    I am still seeing this issue now and then. Any other input or thoughts. Once it drops off sometimes a panel reboot is the only thing to have it connect wifi again

I also have seen that the site survey list is empty after it drops the wifi connection and there are at least 20 networks that should be showing.

Using Wpa psk

Ssid has no characters but is all caps

N is disabled

Channel auto is off auto and set to 1

Wap has macs of panels setup so they are the only macs to connect to it.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Multiple panels in multiple rooms seeing the same issue.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Are you running on the latest firmware,v.2.86.31 | 2012-06-05 ?
    Changes in this release:

•Fixed an issue causing panel graphics to freeze, requiring a power cycle to restore
    •Fixed an issue with the wireless connection losing its valid ip address when connected to a Cisco Controller and receiving a Deauth packet, this can occur when the panel is docked with a valid wired ip
    •Selecting Site Survey will now cause the panel to drop offline from the master. This is required because the unit is actively changing wireless channels and may not always be connected to an associated access point.

Known Issues:

Dock and Undock:

•If a panel is docked, any loss of network connectivity on the wired interface (such as a connected switch going down) may lead to unexpected issues like one way voice or inability to connect to remote servers (e.g. for SIP, dynamic images).
    •If the wired interface will not be used (in other words, the docking station is being used for panel storage and charging only), the Wired network settings should be left at their factory defaults (DHCP).

Table Dock Latch:

•When the panel is removed from a dock with the Table Dock Latch set to "off" it will take longer for the panel to reconnect wirelessly than usual. The panel waits for the master to timeout the device number, and then reconnects to the master with the same device number. With non-encrypted ICSP, the panel disconnects and reconnects to a master in about 3-4 seconds. Encrypted ICSP will take around 15-20 seconds to reconnect. It is recommended not to use wired ethernet if the panel is set to forced undocks to avoid the transition time between wired and wireless modes.

USB:

•TPD4 file with wrong resolution can be downloaded.
    •OTG USB host is sometimes not recognized upon plugging in. Unplugging and replugging should fix.

Power Management:

•Sleep cannot be disabled and a non-zero value for sleep timeout must be set. The default value is the maximum value of 2 hours.
    •The panel cannot enter full standby mode if there is a USB device plugged in or MicroSD card inserted.

Intercom and Dynamo:

•When the panel is connected wirelessly (particularly with a weak signal) and streaming audio and video with a MET-ECOM, the video rate may slow to a few frames per seconds. This can cause the MET-ECOM to send bad frames which can lead to occasional video freeze and one-way or no audio.

IP:

•If a Static IP is set on the wired (or wireless) settings in the same subnet range as the USB (172.16.x.x), the gateway populates with 255.255.255.255. This is only cosmetic and does not impact the performance

Wireless:

•The roaming/band changes may cause the panel roaming settings to change during the upgrade process, double check the roam settings after upgrading if you are using active roaming.
  • Options
    we are running v.2.86.28

we went last week to upgrade to .31 just as we had upgraded ever panel in the past and got a 404 error saying a file was missing etc... tried a few times...

tried mvp-9000i and MVP-9000i folder names on flash drive.

I was going to try again in a few with a different flash drive... but I have never seen this