Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Denon DBP2012UDCI locking up intermittently ?

Hello all, I'm working with a Denon DBP2012UDCI DVD/Blu-ray player controlled by a NI3100. The player is being used in an army museum to play a DVD movie for visitors, and if it's not playing the movie, it's playing the museums attraction loop on repeat. The player is on the all day while the museum is open. The problem we're having is the player will freeze up intermittently at any time, and when it's locked up, the only thing that can be done is to manually power it off and back on. The DVD that the museum is using is a custom DVD that they burn, could it be the DVD format or the brand of disc ? has anyone else had any freezing problems with this Denon DVD/Blu-ray player ?

Here are my communication settings for the Denon player

DATA_EVENT[dvDVD] //Set Denon DVD communication settings
{
ONLINE:
{
SEND_COMMAND dvDVD,"'SET BAUD 9600,8,E,1'"
SEND_COMMAND dvDVD,"'HSON'"
}
}

I'm still really new at programming, just finished my programmer 1 class only a few months ago, so I'm not doing any polling or using true feedback from the player in this program because I don't really understand how yet. I do notice that the amber light is constantly blinking on the port that the player is on, I don't know if that could be causing any problems, but I do recall trying to read what was being sent from the player, but don't remember what the string was. Any help would be appreciated, thanks !

Comments

• Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    A good start would be to isolate where the issue is. Can you expand on what you mean by freezing up? Does the device halt video playback or does it stop responding to control?
  • Options
    PhreaK wrote: »
    A good start would be to isolate where the issue is. Can you expand on what you mean by freezing up? Does the device halt video playback or does it stop responding to control?

It stops video playback, and the only way to recover from it is to power it off, and back on. We're going to try to disconnect the player from the controller just to see if it'll freeze up on it's own.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    In a module I have for the BDP-3800? the hardware handshaking is set to off.
              if(dvDVD.Number == 0)//IP DEVICE (NEED TO SET UP IP/SERIAL SERVER DEVICE TO STANDARD SERIAL VALUES)
    	       {
    	       nDVD_IP_ReConnect = 0 ;
    	       CANCEL_WAIT'DVD_IP_RECONNECT' ;
    	       fnDVD_Debug("'IP DEVICE PORT ONLINE. <',ITOA(__LINE__),'>'") ;
    	       }
    	  else if(dvDVD.Number >= 5001)//STANDARD SERIAL CONNECTION
    	       {
    	       SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'SET BAUD 9600,E,8,1 485 Disable' ;
    	       SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'HSOFF' ;
    	       SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'XOFF' ;
    	       fnDVD_Debug("'SERIAL DEVICE PORT ONLINE. <',ITOA(__LINE__),'>'") ;
    	       }

edit added:

How long has this been installed and how long have you been having issues with it locking up?
  • Options
    vining wrote: »
    In a module I have for the BDP-3800? the hardware handshaking is set to off.
              if(dvDVD.Number == 0)//IP DEVICE (NEED TO SET UP IP/SERIAL SERVER DEVICE TO STANDARD SERIAL VALUES)
    	       {
    	       nDVD_IP_ReConnect = 0 ;
    	       CANCEL_WAIT'DVD_IP_RECONNECT' ;
    	       fnDVD_Debug("'IP DEVICE PORT ONLINE. <',ITOA(__LINE__),'>'") ;
    	       }
    	  else if(dvDVD.Number >= 5001)//STANDARD SERIAL CONNECTION
    	       {
    	       SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'SET BAUD 9600,E,8,1 485 Disable' ;
    	       SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'HSOFF' ;
    	       SEND_COMMAND DATA.DEVICE,'XOFF' ;
    	       fnDVD_Debug("'SERIAL DEVICE PORT ONLINE. <',ITOA(__LINE__),'>'") ;
    	       }

edit added:

How long has this been installed and how long have you been having issues with it locking up?

It's was installed on 12-6-11 and the problem popped up a day or so after. I've been trouble shooting it since, I'm returning to trouble shoot it on-site again this coming Tuesday. Would having ""HSON when it suppose to be "HSOFF" cause it to lock up intermittently ? what if I add "485 Disable" ?
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys, we think it's definitely the Denon player. We unplugged the player from the controller, played a selection, and put it on repeat and it still froze. Going to update the players firmware and see where we go from there.