Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

NEC protocol NP series, identical responses

This is probably old news but I just need to vent a little.

Bellow is the 'Response: At the time of a success' for the 'RUNNING STATUS REQUEST', 'INPUT STATUS REQUEST' and 'MUTE STATUS REQUEST', in order, right out of the manual.

20H 85H 01H xxH 10H DATA01 .. DATA16 CKS

and the DATA01 .. DATA16 is not shared among the three like DATA01 to DATA05 is for the mute.

Thinking about it for a couple seconds looks like the only way to handle this is through a flag that tracks which request I've sent.

Comments

• Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    VMarc wrote: »
    Thinking about it for a couple seconds looks like the only way to handle this is through a flag that tracks which request I've sent.

That's how I've implemented it for a number of devices and it's always worked fine.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I save the string that I sent for a small amount of time. When a message comes in, its interpretation is based on what is saved. If a message comes in after the amount of time for which I save the sent message, I treat the received message as trash.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    I haven't worked with an NEC in AMX world, but for the other guys, I poll for the common data when it's on, and the running sense when it's off. Common data tells you a lot.
  • Options
    edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    NEC NP-1250

Does any one experience program NEC NP-1250... i have already set the baud rate at 9600 but i still dont have the power on to work... i set my wait time to 3 1/2 minutes but still its not working,, it will work after a series of push on the button,,,, any ideas..
  • Options
    rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    Does any one experience program NEC NP-1250... i have already set the baud rate at 9600 but i still dont have the power on to work... i set my wait time to 3 1/2 minutes but still its not working,, it will work after a series of push on the button,,,, any ideas..

Did you set the baud rate on the projector, or the controller? The default baud rate for NEC projectors is not 9600, you will have to change that on the projector if you want to communicate at that speed.

-Ryan
  • Options
    edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    rfletcher wrote: »
    Did you set the baud rate on the projector, or the controller? The default baud rate for NEC projectors is not 9600, you will have to change that on the projector if you want to communicate at that speed.

-Ryan

I changed the baud rate on the projector to 9600, the default for NP-1250 is 38400, I have control of the projector, the problem is when it shuts down, I have to push the on button by 5 times to power on. It does not work on 1 push. I tried to send the command for 5 times but it did not work.. you have to push the button physically...
  • Options
    rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    I changed the baud rate on the projector to 9600, the default for NP-1250 is 38400, I have control of the projector, the problem is when it shuts down, I have to push the on button by 5 times to power on. It does not work on 1 push. I tried to send the command for 5 times but it did not work.. you have to push the button physically...

Check energy saving settings in the projector, sometimes they do weird things to rs232 ports.