Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Master/Device Firmware

I'm having issues with touchpanels (hardwired and wireless) going offline than back online from time to time. I'm using the latest master firmware 3.60.453, but using an older device firmware 1.20.7. Also, I'm doing master to master, using the same device numbers 5001, but a different master number, 5001:1:0 on main, 5001:1:2, etc. Could any of these parameters be causing my issues? Also main master is an NI-4100, second is NI-4000. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    bano wrote: »
    I'm having issues with touchpanels (hardwired and wireless) going offline than back online from time to time. I'm using the latest master firmware 3.60.453, but using an older device firmware 1.20.7. Also, I'm doing master to master, using the same device numbers 5001, but a different master number, 5001:1:0 on main, 5001:1:2, etc. Could any of these parameters be causing my issues? Also main master is an NI-4100, second is NI-4000. Thanks in advance for any help.
    I would use the 1.30.8 dev firmware with that master firmware. I know you can't use the newest dev firmware with an older master firmware but there may be some odd behaviour using the newest master firmware with an older dev firmware. Could be fine but I would keep them properly paired.

Uisng the dev DPS assignments like that are normal and shouldn't cause any issues. Just verify your URL list just has entries in one master and the others are clear.

How frequently are the TPs dropping and are they all dropping at the same time or one here and another there.
  • Options
    banobano Posts: 173
    vining wrote: »
    I would use the 1.30.8 dev firmware with that master firmware. I know you can't use the newest dev firmware with an older master firmware but there may be some odd behaviour using the newest master firmware with an older dev firmware. Could be fine but I would keep them properly paired.

Uisng the dev DPS assignments like that are normal and shouldn't cause any issues. Just verify your URL list just has entries in one master and the others are clear.

How frequently are the TPs dropping and are they all dropping at the same time or one here and another there.

I am going to update the device firmware, but am offsite right now. I have stabilized the system by setting the ethernet mode from auto to 100 full, and I ramped back the duet memory from 15m to 10m (running 3 duet mods). I used to always set ethernet mode to 10 half, but an AMX tech told me that wasn't necessary with the newer master firmware, and to set it to auto. I think it was the ethernet setting that did the trick. How do most of you guys set the master's ethernet mode?