Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

BenQ DV3250 LCDTV Serial Protocol

Greetings,

I have a system with a BenQ DV3250 LCD TV that I am trying to control serially. I got a protocol sheet from BenQ, but all the set does is echo back everything sent to it.

When powering on the set via the remote, the serial port spits out "Busy wait rescue" in ASCII a few times and when powering it off, you get "Unknown"

I will attach the documents that I have to see what you think. Unfortunately, nothing on the document identifies it as being for this set.

Anyone know of any other protocol to try or any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Unfortunately, nothing on the document identifies it as being for this set.

Aside from the filenames saying "32xx series", and you have a 3250? :)

So, SEND_STRING BENQ, "X001X' doesn't toggle the power?

- Chip
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Nope. Just echoes all commands back. Nothing added to them or taken away. BenQ says they are trying to get me another protocol sheet to try out.
  • Options
    TT, any luck on this one yet?
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I have not gone into testing further. Although my next step is to send a 0Dh after the command. The factory protocol document makes a very brief reference to "Pressing Enter."
  • Options
    Make sure to try a $0D,$0A then to. I've seen some references to <enter> meaning (just not saying) that the device expects a carriage return / linefeed pair.

- Chip
  • Options
    Ending the string with a 0Dh makes it work. I have not yet been able to figure out the checksums for the factory protocols yet though.