Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Password based login page for TP Design

hello ---

Does any have suggestion for implementing a password UI page for a project that will existing on an inwall panel?
I will need to change the password/pin from time to time. I envision a "Pin Pad" where the user eners a four digit code to get access to the interface. Is there a sample for this? How about a screen saver timeout?

Thanks -Lou

Comments

• Options
    champchamp Posts: 261
    The easiest way is to use the panels built in password page.
    Make your project flip to a welcome page on a timeout, have a full screen button on the welcome page that flips to the main page and set "Password Protection" (on the buttons General tab) to one of the panels system passwords.
    DEFINE_DEVICE
    dvTP = 10001:1:0;

DEFINE_VARIABLE
    INTEGER iTimeoutMax = 1000;
    INTEGER iTimeoutCurrent;

DEFINE_EVENT
    BUTTON_EVENT[dvTP, 0]
    {
    	PUSH: iTimeoutCurrent = iTimeoutMax ;
    }

DEFINE_PROGRAM
    WAIT 10
    {
    	IF(iTimeoutCurrent = 1)
    	{
    		iTimeoutCurrent--;
    		SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'PAGE-WELCOME";
    	}
    	ELSE IF (iTimeoutCurrent > 1)
    		iTimeoutCurrent--;
    }

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    You can set an inactivity page timeout right in the panel and you don't need any code.

AMX already thought of this. It's documented.
  • Options
    champchamp Posts: 261
    If only i could get someone to read my mind and teach me all of those basic things i have missed over the years and skip all of the things i already know!

I fondly remember a day years ago after loading hundreds of rack nuts when someone asked why i didn't just use a rack nut inserter then showing me one. A mixture of elation and the desire to blame him for my ignorance. I don't accidentally stab myself in the hand with screwdrivers near as much since that day.
  • Options
    champ wrote: »
    If only i could get someone to read my mind and teach me all of those basic things i have missed over the years and skip all of the things i already know!

I fondly remember a day years ago after loading hundreds of rack nuts when someone asked why i didn't just use a rack nut inserter then showing me one. A mixture of elation and the desire to blame him for my ignorance. I don't accidentally stab myself in the hand with screwdrivers near as much since that day.

...not to sound dumb, but I didnt know there was such a thing as a "rack nut inserter" and i have stabbed myself may atimes putting in and taking out nuts =/

Anywho, I just started a similiar thread for password management, maybe well each find some useful information; we use the internal password storage on the touch panels, however we have so many touchpanels and are so limited in how many passwords we can have/keep track of, we are looking at an enterprise type solutions for managing the passwords remotely and authenticating users.

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?8560-Password-Management