Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

HDMI PON Sequence

Since it's new to me I figured some of you guys might not be aware of the recommended power up sequence for HDMI systems.

If there's an AVR power it up 1st and set the source in if routing HDMI through it.

If an HDMI switcher is invloved it's likely on 24/7 so just make the switch if needed.

Next turn on the TV and make any input changes (probably none).

Last turn on the source device.

The object is to complete the entire HDMI path between the display and the source so everything is powered up and the switching complete before the display is turned on and then the source device. Then when the source is turned on and it offers out its handshake it can be accepted by the display immediately. Otherwise the handshake might get dropped and the source and display may not make additional attempts.

Another thing I learned trying to get my "sources" to turn on last was with TiVo which are always on and I didn't know there was any other option but you can send it the "STANDBY" command to kill the video out and the front LEDs(the DVR still functions) and to power it back up you ca use "LIVETV" or "TIVO", I prefer "LIVETV". If you have the Kid's Zone enabled you'll go there but if disabled you'll go to live TV.