Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Polycom Powercam

I'm searching for the VISCA command set for the Polycom Powercam that was used with the Polycom VSX systems. Naturally, Polycom doesn't appear to supply this info.

It behaves pretty much like a dumbed-down EVI-D70, but the part giving me trouble is the pan and tilt position bytes. Using the old Netlinx EVI-D70 module everything appears to work except for returning the proper position for the tilt. I was hoping that someone had the proper command formats for the inquire position and set absolute position commands. These cameras can't store their own presets.

Thanks,

Danny

Comments

• AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Using the old Netlinx EVI-D70 module everything appears to work except for returning the proper position for the tilt.

That's a bug with the AMX module as far as I can tell - I wasted a fair amount of time chasing the same thing on a job a couple of years back (using it with Sony cameras). The old EVI-D100 module correctly returns the position feedback but has other issues as I recall. I suggest you try the BRC700 Duet module.
  • Auser wrote: »
    That's a bug with the AMX module as far as I can tell - I wasted a fair amount of time chasing the same thing on a job a couple of years back (using it with Sony cameras). The old EVI-D100 module correctly returns the position feedback but has other issues as I recall. I suggest you try the BRC700 Duet module.

Thanks. I'll give the BRC700 module a shot.